Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pro-Tools

• 06-06-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anywhere that has a free demo or trial of pro-tools? the official site doesn't seem to have anything and doesn't explain any of the software properly...

also, if there's any other GOOD audio editing software (free or otherwise) worth looking into, i'm open to suggestions ;)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

You can get a free version of protools but its years old and not very good, try audacity if your lookin for a free audio editor or for the cash try adobe audition which you can get a free trial of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

As eddy C has said there's a free version of Protools, but AFAIK it's for windows 98, and there isn't one for 2000/XP, the 98 one was fairly poor and crashed a lot. Also, not that I'd suggest you'd do it but you can't get a cracked copy, you need to have protools hardware attached (an Mbox or Digi Rack)

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Lump wrote:
    As eddy C has said there's a free version of Protools, but AFAIK it's for windows 98, and there isn't one for 2000/XP, the 98 one was fairly poor and crashed a lot. Also, not that I'd suggest you'd do it but you can't get a cracked copy, you need to have protools hardware attached (an Mbox or Digi Rack)

John

yeah there's a crack for that (wether it works or not is another thing altogether) to fool protools into thinking you have the M box or digi rack... but i'd say that takes a major performance hit.

i think i'll give audacity a go, i'm hearing good things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

The best free audio editing software on trhe market is krystal, simple and silver and freeee
    www.pcmus.com/free-software

• Advertisement
Advertisement