Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyTel

• 06-06-2006 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I was wondering if this is a good broadband offer. I got this flyer in the post for SkyTel broadband and it says Skyspeed Residential: 35.95 per month, 125 euro connection fee, download speed and upload speed of 1 Mbps and a connection ratio of 18:1.

Is this anygood? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

got a link for them just to check out the details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This them?

The connection fee is hugely excessive compared to others (I presume it includes the cost of the hardware), but the upstream speed and cap are pretty good, when compared to Eircom's basic home packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

isnt that not a VOIP kinda thing

edit nm: yeah they do seem expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AppleBack

Alright, Thanks for the help.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Appleback, may I suggest you modify your signature as its breaking the rules http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60479

As regards Skytel.ie, to be honest when you factor in the upload speed and cap it compares pretty good to other packages on the market :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

im thinking of signing up its a very good package for the price anyone know how they are for lag/latency/ping times?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

AppleBack wrote:
    I was wondering if this is a good broadband offer. I got this flyer in the post for SkyTel broadband and it says Skyspeed Residential: 35.95 per month, 125 euro connection fee, download speed and upload speed of 1 Mbps and a connection ratio of 18:1

seeing as line rental on an eircom line is €24.20 a month and you can ditch the line then that is indeed a good deal if it includes VAT. They are a Wexford WISP . If it does not include VAT they are being very sneaky as they are selling residential and should quote VAT inclusive.

Advertisement