Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route planning

Options
  • 06-06-2006 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a friend who is looking to integrate a route planning section into his site. He would obviously prefer if it is free, but would be willing to pay an annual charge for a good service. Can anyone recommend anything?
    I think AA offer their service to sites, I presume for a fee. I emailed them yesterday, but got no response yet.
    (I looked at Google maps as that has route planning, but it doesn't recognise many Irish towns)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

This is all still BIG business ... I think you'll find you have to pay for most route planning software ...

You could try out viamichelin I've used them before for irish roads just from the wanting to get from a to b point of view ... not for integration into websites ...

Most maps of ireland are still pretty **** so good luck with it and let us know what you come up with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Why pay for a service that's already there?, could you not just link to the AA site (open in a new window - target=_blank) so that visitors don't actually leave your site completely but can avail of the AA service - there isn't going to be much more available than the AA and they intend improving their route planning during 2006 to go down to street level in places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Got a response from the AA.

Initial Setup fee of £750
    then:
    £1,250 per annum – to included 100,000 routes served
    £1,850 per annum – to included 250,000 routes served
    £3,125 per annum – to included 500,000 routes served

Actually less than what I expected, but prob still above budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

cheers for the info ... actually it does sound rather cheap I'd have expected it to be in the 5 figure sums ...

Advertisement