Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Hijacked

Options
  • 06-06-2006 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Hi Im involved with the website www.parteengaa.com as you can guess from the URL its supposed to be a website about a GAA club but when I went to check it today it had been taken over by some sort of ad page about airfares etc. I cant get at the log in page for the admin site either (www.parteengaa.com/admin) it just brings up the same ad page. What can I do???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

cooperguy wrote:
    Hi Im involved with the website www.parteengaa.com as you can guess from the URL its supposed to be a website about a GAA club but when I went to check it today it had been taken over by some sort of ad page about airfares etc. I cant get at the log in page for the admin site either (www.parteengaa.com/admin) it just brings up the same ad page. What can I do???

Looks like someone else has the rights to the page! The whois lookup says its a N.Ryan that owns it, i assume thats you! Cant see whats happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go to http://news.nic.com/cgi-bin/whois
    Enter parteengaa.com - gives you owner info

Make contact with support@NameCheap.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i'ts not hijacked. probably has not been renewed, if you check the whois properly :

Creation date: 27 May 2004 17:32:46
    Expiration date: 27 May 2006 17:32:46

the domain is registered with enom or its reseller, so once it goes expired they re-direct it to their landing page.

you might be able to redeem the domain, within certain period after it expires... a fee or charge may apply...

mart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

mart_max wrote:
    i'ts not hijacked. probably has not been renewed, if you check the whois properly :

Creation date: 27 May 2004 17:32:46
    Expiration date: 27 May 2006 17:32:46

the domain is registered with enom or its reseller, so once it goes expired they re-direct it to their landing page.

you might be able to redeem the domain, within certain period after it expires... a fee or charge may apply...

mart

just looked again, mart_max is right, the company must of re-registered it as the new expiration date is 27-may-2007!
    Updated Date: 28-may-2006
    Creation Date: 27-may-2004
    Expiration Date: 27-may-2007

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya N. Ryan is a guy is one of the guys involved in the website. We got no email or anything saying fees were owed and we did last year. Ziycon i cant see where it says the 2007 date i can only see that it expired on the 27/may/2006. It says status locked does that mean it has been locked down till the fees are paid. Thanks for all the help as you can probably tell we're not very expierienced at this !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I have my domains with Namecheap and they do send e-mails couple of time reminding that expiry date is close. E-mails are normally sent to contacts in whois entries. This is one reason that you should have correct details in whois entries.

In your domain control panel, you have the option to set lock or unlock. It means to stop unauthorised transfer to other registrar.

I am not sure with your situation but I had my experience forgot to renew a domain. Lost it and it is still being held by Enom at their landing pages - same like yours.

Mart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ok so basically they are holding our site and have put ads on it untill we pay a renewal fee or someone else buys the domain name. Thanks for the help. Looks like the thread title was a bit over the top so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Looks like it expired and is being pointed at the default holding page.The renewal date is irrelevant as most registrars add a year to give you time to renew it. If you don't renew it they let it drop after about 45 days

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nogihno

I agree, looks like a "domain parked" page to me. Get your hosting sorted out or have a look at the dns settings.

Advertisement