Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Rules and Regulations

Options
  • 06-06-2006 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Okay I know things have been a bit messy with the UCD Survivor thread and I have spoken to Hulla and I'm going to start a new one and hope for the best.

Here are the Rules
    • Ill ask a question, those who have PM'ed me after 48 hours with the correct answer will go into a draw and the winner immune from being voted off.
    • A Poll will be set up AFTER the 48 hours with everyones names bar the one who is immune. The poll will be open for another 48 hours in which all registered users will be able to vote in an "open poll". (please keep things fair people, cheats will be found out)
    • The process will then repeat itself with less and less users
    • There is a 48 hour time limit on one stage to the next in this competition.
    • There will be a new poll with each challenge
    • Muppetry will not be tolerated (I think I have Hulla's backing with this)
    • I will attempt NOT to miss a deadline but If I do ill post before the new challenge is due with a new time that I can post (I work two jobs people)
    • Do not post the answer to the challenge in any threads the answer to the challenge and those who got it right will be given at the start of the following round

I don't mean to be unfair to the Gnome or Byrno but you are obviously going to get the most votes as not being UCD forum regulars. I'll replace them with other prevalent posters in order to keep the game fair.

The Players Are
    • Chakar
    • Hullaballoo
    • Scraggs
    • Singing Stranger
    • Elmyra
    • Dajaffa
    • Pythia
    • Firespinner
    • Red_Alert
    • Humbert
    • Blondie83
    • DaveMcG
    • Blush_01

(All selected as active current users )

Anything to comment before the First Challenge in 48 hours on June 8th at 22:00 PM me or post it here.

I think thats about it. Id appreciate it if Hulla could sticky the rules for the duration of the competition and he WILL be overseeing muppetry , locking and editing threads and polls so there is the sword of Damocles hanging over your posts. So that means keep the Spam to a minimum but have fun.

Goodnight and expect the question in two days.
    Regards
    Grimes

PS: If anyone else wants in on the game get posting fast

any talk of alliances will result in an immediate ban from the archaeology forum :D

another Edit : there will be a prize for the winner of the Survivor thing . I wont ask anyone to donate any money but the winner will get some sort of little trophy and a cash voucher (from my own pocket) to the tune of €25

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Great stuff. I'm in anyway. I promise not to use my poll editing powers to cheat. Are the polls to be public Grimes?

Stickied.

Edit: bollocks, I locked it too. Sorry people!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Good stuff to see you in. Yep the Polls will all be public in case there are those inclined to cheat. I know this might cause comradery between some posters but I'd urge people to play the game and have a bit of a laugh and vote like they mean it .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

sure I'll play, haven't got a job yet so don't have much else to be doing yet. cool:)

humbert wrote:
    sure I'll play, haven't got a job yet so don't have much else to be doing yet. not getting this 42 hour thing though, two days is 48 hours but its highly likely I'm missing something...

Im an arts student not a math counting dude, sorry Im very tired. Ill change it to 48 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not interested in being a particpant in another Survivor contest. I had my moment already.

I seem to recall panda100 (or perhaps it was pretty monster) expressing an interest in being a participant so they are welcome to take my place.

Sorted MNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I think panda's in lanzarote at the moment, though I don't think she's gone for long. Git!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Blush also expressed interest I believe.

I like this addition of Hulla....the hunter becomes the hunted eh? Eh, well, no quite...

Anywho...I'm in! Was there ever any doubt?

Okay take that list of names as a preliminary plan. Tomorrow night there will be a concrete unchangeable list. Okay?

• Advertisement

Sir, yes Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Think I'll drop out of this one. It would prob prove to be too distracting for me and my deadline is getting closer. Plus since I'm on 24/7 practically I'd prob have an unfair advantage over those on dial up say. But I will vote some of you off. Well attempt to anyway. Out of interest, can any user on boards vote or is it just restricted to UCD people?

So good luck with it Grimes, and everyone who takes part.

irlrobins wrote:
    Out of interest, can any user on boards vote or is it just restricted to UCD people?.

It would be nice to keep it within the UCD forum but we cant keep the vote private to UCD people so if we leave the identity of the Voters open it will help in the voting process. People with 0 - 5 posts and who vote will not have their votes counted. which stops people from setting up multiple accounts and infulencing the vote (which had crossed my mind in the previous survivor thread)

Grimes wrote:
    People with 0 - 5 posts and who vote will not have their votes counted.
    Damn it there goes my plan to evict Elmyra in the first round! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Can I replace IRL Robins?

Can I replace IRL Robins?
    They've yet to find someone who could do such a thing....

irlrobins wrote:
    Damn it there goes my plan to evict Elmyra in the first round! :p

You just wait, I wont forget this!

/me writes down everything in detail incase peroxide seeps through to my brain tomorrow and I forget.

okay firespinner , you are in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Can I play? Please, please, please! I've always wanted to be in a survivor contest!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Can I play too?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just thought I'd let you all know in advance; I pwnd at survivor on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Grimes wrote:
    I don't mean to be unfair to the Gnome...

Tis grand, no one's ever fair to Gnomes any way. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I'm in again and I'll love you forever if the tasks are of the evening/weekend variety. I'm in the grown up adult working world at the mo...

Not All of the tasks will be internet based but Ill try and make them as accessible to all if possible but they are challenges . Remember there is a trophy and a prize

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

OMG theres a trophy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Count me out, old Grimey old boy... this is the first time I've been online in three days and I can't guarantee any regular onlineness. Clearly there's demand for places so better it goes to someone who can utilise it.

Count me out, old Grimey old boy... this is the first time I've been online in three days and I can't guarantee any regular onlineness. Clearly there's demand for places so better it goes to someone who can utilise it.

Aw...*sniffle*....giving up your place for another. Such a noble deed. You will be remembered for this. :D

Okay the game is on. Last man or woman standing will get respect and admiration but more importantly material wealth

Here is my thinking behind it.

It dosnt matter who posts and how often everyone is in with an equal chance to be you , Happycrackhead who never posts or Irlrobins who should, let face it be Mod of the internet at this stage:p could all do it.

If anyone has any problems with this feel free to come around to my house for a free ass kicking or if they are loacted in the country they must kick their own asses.

Regards Groimes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement