Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Silicone for sealing between bath & wall tiles??

Options
  • 06-06-2006 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

When tiling my bathroom I couldnt get a seal like -=>this to fit due to the shape of the edge of the bath (it just wouldnt sit in when i tried to fit it).
    It seems my only option now is to seal between the tiles and bath with silicone. I've been warned to use the best possible silicone for this purpose. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Don't use silicone, Fix and seal is much better and way stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

CJhaughey wrote:
    Don't use silicone, Fix and seal is much better and way stronger.

CJ wher can you get this stuff in Ireland esp Dublin area presume it is the expandable joint you are on about

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dont forget to seal with bath full of water cos if you dont the weight can create a gap esp. with plastic and glass fibre baths

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

No fix and seal is not expandable just a good quality sealant. It should be available in nearly any DIY/builders providers shop in the silicone section.
    It comes in white and black and is about 10 a tube.
    Silicone is fine for sealing but it has no strength, this stuff can stick things together like gripfill but also seals like silicone. amazing stuff just remember to smooth with an ice cube or a soapy finger for the best finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

I'd have thought these sealants were to be avoided like the plague on a bath.

They always seem to get discoloured and look awful in a short time

• Advertisement
Advertisement