Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobalicious Question

• 06-06-2006 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Yo,
    Seen 2 Many Djs at the Garden Party at the weekend, was blown away, excellent set.

Question for the masses - how do they remove everything but the vocals from certain tracks? I assume they get permission from the artist and obtain the original dat tapes or something?
    Also, any recommendations for loop creating software?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

They probably had an accapella of the tracks.

FL Studio is loop based. Easy to learn aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭philius

if you know your way around a good E.Q. you can isolate a vocal, albeit with mixed results. Really depends on the track i guess. But as Amina said, acapellas do work best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JakeLuxor

Keyzer wrote:
    Yo,
    Seen 2 Many Djs at the Garden Party at the weekend, was blown away, excellent set.

Question for the masses - how do they remove everything but the vocals from certain tracks? I assume they get permission from the artist and obtain the original dat tapes or something?
    Also, any recommendations for loop creating software?

Well I just did a remix of the new single for the band I work for and I recieved all the individual files layed out as they were in the studio where they were recorded onto protools so Im assuming 2 Many Djs would ask permission from the record labels and just do it that way?

Other than that as someone else has said here it would be a case of isolating the vocal in the mix using eqs, though your never gonna get rid of all the other elements completely such as hats guitars ect as such things would occupy some of the same frequencies as the vocals so eq'ing' all these elements completely our would mean also maybe taking the 'body' and or the high end out of the vocal itself.
    So its very give and take in regards to how much of the original track your willing to accept compared to how much of the vibe of the vocal your willing to loose.

On the other hand theres probably some magical software out there that can isolate the vocals more or less intact but Im afraid I just dotn know about it.:D

http://myspace.com/hybrasil

Advertisement