Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb metro cap

• 06-06-2006 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Do digiweb enforce the cap of 10gig.
    I have just got metro lite, its perfect exactly as ordered.
    but I cant find any pricing for going over, for any of there products

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Don't think your charged, I think they just throttle your connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 vimak

little ot, why do they even bother with bandwidth limits here? I reckon that even in Ireland bandwidth doesn't cost much more than 10 euros per megabit, so what's the point? Unlimited connections won't take that much bandwidth anyway, I know a Finnish ISP with 8k dsl customers, they're using around 500Mbps.

Uncapped broadband has worked for other countries well even from the beginning. Maybe there's one way to increase broadband usage in Ireland (think about INEX peaking at 500Mbps when at the same times FICIX in Finland is peaking at 10Gbps with not that much more population in country, I don't know exact figures about dsl lines here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Metro sucks ass big time for one reason only there dl capps!!
    I have been capped twice and maby its only fair as i did go over there
    dl capps and BROKE THE STUPID RULE. Like is it really broadband and a
    always on connection if there are traffic capps?? And another thing i hate
    about metro is its not a monthly thing they have its a 30 day rolling period
    and i think its impossible not to reach you limit at some stage.

Like look at what my connection is cappd at since last monday
    took me like 10mins to upload this speed test...lol

speedtest2fc.png

Now ok punish me for going over my limit but i was on the metro xpress
    at 8mb dl 2mb ul and to cap me at 100kbs :eek: is a f00ken joke and not to mind
    the money i pay every month for there over priced connections...lol Like cap
    me at 1mb even so at least il have a small bit of luck on trying to load quinn
    directs site today for a motor insureance quote.

Im moving to magnet this week and cant wait maby its only 5mb dl 512k ul
    but its real always on no limits broadband.

Bye bye Digiweb not that ye want me anyway LMFAO :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Backhaul costs in Ireland make Eircom phone rental look like good value. Of the ISP pays also for the traffic on a backhaul, not just the bitrate.

That's why we even have a MAN with no backhaul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you aren't reselling or mass downloading 10G is fine. I have 30G cap, but with 5 or 6 in the house all with own PCs and one network PS2 the most used in 30 days was about 8G when I downloaded about 10 Linux distros and the lads downloaded Oblivion videos.

Digiweb throttle your connection speed if you go over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

how bad do they trottle your connection if you go over. I think I will go over

mcdonnst wrote:
    how bad do they trottle your connection if you go over. I think I will go over

OMG did you not see my post like 3 places up???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ricey stop sounding like a little kid, your 8MB connection has a 120gb cap for 130euro pm. One of the best deals around imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

zabbo wrote:
    Ricey stop sounding like a little kid, your 8MB connection has a 120gb cap for 130euro pm. One of the best deals around imo.

not in my opinion. there are 9 pc's in my house online everyday downloading every day. we are with smart and have a 3mb line. with AN UNLIMITED CAP. now in my opinion that is the best deal around. and at only 35 euros p/m you cant really go wrong. only troble is their router/modem can piss you off so just switched it with a new one and works fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

tails2 wrote:
    not in my opinion. there are 9 pc's in my house online everyday downloading every day. we are with smart and have a 3mb line. with AN UNLIMITED CAP.
    .....and a fair usage policy in case they need to smack yeer bottoms :D

Read

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=4842

Its not limitlessly unlimited but they have not , as yet, hit the point where it will become so.

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote:

Ya right more like €165 a month and its just my own opinion that the 120gb
    cap is too low, If 120gb is enough for you belt on but its not enough for me
    and i was only making my point.

for that price it shlould be unlimited smell of rip off Ireland all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

ricey wrote:
    Ya right more like €165 a month and its just my own opinion that the 120gb
    cap is too low, If 120gb is enough for you belt on but its not enough for me
    and i was only making my point.

for that price it shlould be unlimited smell of rip off Ireland all over it.

what exactly do you download that you d/l over 120 gig a month?

didnt you once post here that you downloaded 180 gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

120GB cap and that's not enough? Christ!

What are you downloading?

South America?

If I was downloading 120GB per month of "stuff" I might start thinking about possible criminal charges before worrying about caps that let you download more than your already are.

And don't give me the "it's all legal" crap. If you worked in medical imagery and were swapping 10MB images all day I might believe you but you sound like you are no more than 12 and downloading series' of 24 or Mary Poppins or whatever.

"Digiweb won't let me further incriminate myself!"

Hah!

And if you think everyone downloads that much you are very wrong. Big Brother I'm sure is watching. Mummy's gonna get a helluva shock.

I dont download 120gb in a month but add the upload & download and ya i cant help
    go over it. And no im not 12 im 23 and my mummy...lol your a loser man. I rarely use
    bittorrent and never use a P2P network unless i want some ramdom mp3 so how is Big
    Brother watching me? Most of my traffic is ftp sites that are well protected so i dont think
    anyone is watching me.

Mummy will be so happy

If i cant give my opinion on this matter then fine il pisss off 4rm this thread.

Advertisement