Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why not to buy this.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which one? The Fiesta? Thats one hell of a saving. Get back here add 3 grand (euro) and stick in buy and sell.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

No the Skoda Superb diesel 130bhp for £10999 vrt €7500 approx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The url does'nt work for me, still that sounds like a big saving anyway.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

link doesnt bring to the skoda, try this instead........

http://www.carpages.co.uk/go.asp?session=2%403%4029036%40493612%4024

Edit: Nope, doesnt work, you have to slect the skoda from the drop down menu.

Its not bad for price pretty hi spec car. I have the Octavia and have had no problems with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

I can recommend it. I bought an 03 import c60k miles and very clean/tight. Definitely go for the 130 bhp model - lovely to drive with loads of power. Also very economical - my trip computer is currently averaging 49mpg with up 52-55 to be got on long steady runs (admittedly mostly <60mph and not much town/city)

Rear legroom is enormous and suspension is somewhat smoother than the Octavia but still solid like VW

Worth looking out for the extras such as parking sensors and CD changer (Good quality sound system included)

You'll pay a good bit extra for an 05 as opposed to an 03 and prices may take a bit of a drop when they inevitably follow the new VW Passat bodyshell. However you do get folding rear seats and a nicer wood finished trim

On the downside, it does have that volkswagen engine whistle (like a pinhole in the exhaust - first heard on the Beetle) and tends to be a bit noisy if you push it hard - although fine for most driving. Also a bit of wind noise on the motorway. The boot is also not as convenient as the Octavia hatch

Overall an enjoyable car to drive - mainly because of the power - but beware of the Skoda jokers - I think it was Jeremy Clarkson who said it was like covering Windsor Castle in cheap stone cladding. I can live with that - forget about the cladding:cool:

DurtyMurty Thanks for the info. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Doesn't seem to make much sense, pricewise. €24k for an '05 when you can have an '06 for €27k without the bother of going to the UK

In general it makes more sense to import from the UK after initial heavy UK depreciation and after the OMSP over here has come down a bit, reducing payable VRT. So after 2-3 years instead of just 1 year

Yea I seen that one. But I am not in a positon to buy till end of July. The reason I am getting it in England is for the higher spec car.

Advertisement