Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms Thread Only

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Dam it, all I got here was a few claps of thunder nothing more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

A beautiful set of mammatus last night after the last shower passed out to sea.

mammhd1.th.jpg

It got even better, but I was in a taxi by that stage on the way to the pub.

[edit] Oh and by sheer cooincidence, as I posted in this thread, I hear a loud rumbling; pretty large cell to the north of me...very black sky...looks like more to come judging by the radar \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The lightning storm yesterday at 7 pm had some cloud to ground strikes too... A large tree was split down the middle and almost blocked the 3-lane R132 yesterday at that time. The remains would have made a great photo. The tree was really cleft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The lightning storm yesterday at 7 pm had some cloud to ground strikes too... A large tree was split down the middle and almost blocked the 3-lane R132 yesterday at that time. The remains would have made a great photo. The tree was really cleft.

That on the road north out of Drogheda near the petrol station?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That's the one. I live about 2 km north of that.

Forecastfox has thunderstorms forecast here for the first time ever, on Wendnesday. Somehow I doubt it given what I see on the charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Maybe a chance of a thunderstorm or two tomorrow
    http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/hazcharts/tsgraf.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement