Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scenic fog light indicator?

Options
  • 07-06-2006 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

The missus just rang there to say that everytime she brakes, the warning light for the rear fog light comes on (the light that tells you that the rear fog is on) anyone know if this warnign light doubles up as anything else? It's a 00 scenic. cheers. The book doesnt seem to be any help (she says she read through it and cant find anything) and I cant find anything online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

There's probably a short circuit somewhere. Check to see if the fog light is activated with the brake lights. First place to start looking to sort it will be the earths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Yep, probably crossed wires. It seems to a big problem with certain makes of French and Italian cars. The early- to mid-life Fiat Punto is well known for having the brake light on a given side coming on when indicating and then the acting like just like an indicator.

I'm not sure that the dealer would be able to help you out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Right the problem seems to be connected to the rear passenger side light cluster. When I dissconnect the block connector with the wires from the lights it doesnt happen ( and obviously the lights dont work).

I'm assuming an auto electrician could sort it easy enough?

It's most likely a bad earth. Find the earth wire, the one connected to the body of the car, and make sure there's no corrosion around the connector or screw. Unscrew it from the body, lightly sand the connector and reattach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cool, cheers.Not that I want to be puppy walked through this but have you any idea where to start looking for the earth?:o

Cheers again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

(At a guess) the earth will more than likely be near the inside of the cluster and possibly hidden by the interior trim

If there's no obvious wire from the multi-plug connected to the bodywork, it could be one of the screws holding the lamp in place that acts as an earth. Try removing the lamp, ckecking for any corrosion around the screws, cleaning up any you find and refitting the lamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

As Alias said, before you go messing around with the wires just check all the bulbs and that their contacts are clean etc.

Advertisement