Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a camcorder

Options
  • 07-06-2006 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking to buy a camcorder in the near future. I will be going to live in Japan in the near future and would like one to document my year there and I guess I'll also use it at functions or family events. I am completely clueless about them how ever. Can anyone suggest what I should look for? Which brands are reliable? and would it be better to buy from abroad? I would like one that uses memory cards so that I can expand the memory if needed. Thank you for your help.
    Flash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

u cant go wrong with a panasonic imo! go for a 3-ccd miniDV camera. this has 3 ccd chips as opposed to most others that have 1 ccd chip. this means better picture quality. panasonic have a few nice ones starting off with the gs180 at about 700quid. the tapes it uses are available all around the world, mostly 60 mins long. the dearer cameras for about €1000 have built in SD cards as well. u will get them cheaper in japan but just be aware of the different video systems in the world, it wont display properly back in ireland or some others countries without the proper equipment/converts etc

moe

Advertisement