Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace in Racism Row

Options
  • 07-06-2006 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Does BB Housemate Grace have any idea of the atrocious impression she is making?

Probably not, as that would involve her thinking about something other than herself for, like, a second...

Well, actually, she thinks about some other people - the ones she wants to insult or moan about.

Aisleyne is the latest Housemate to offend the 20-year-old - with her mannerisms.

Grace said that Aisleyne was a "wigger" - slang for a "white n****r".

She added that the buxom blonde was a "black ghetto hoochie".

Mikey protested: "You can't say that."

Channel 4 broadcast the comments on the evening show, but cut them from the morning repeat.

Above taken from Sky News!

Can't remember hearing her say it though :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

The girl doesnt know whats going to hit her when she gets out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

kluivert wrote:
    The girl doesnt know whats going to hit her when she gets out

It will probably be some 5'11 "hoochie" - oh how I'd laugh.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

TheGooner wrote:
    Above taken from Sky News!

Can't remember hearing her say it though :mad:
    She deffo said Aisleyne was a "wigger" to which Mikey said "you can't say that". They were sitting opposite each other in the bedroom with one other housemate (who I can't remember). Not that clever a thing to say really.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

She is just so rude and insulting!! And then yesterday she was crying because she was fed up with all the bitching in the house?! What a hypocrite! She really is just jealous of Aisleyne because Mikey prefers her to Grace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

weeeelllllll a wigger has very different conotations then ****** does,

Tim Westwood is a wigger. no doubt.

she does seem a bitch though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Grace has to go next week, would you say she is hated a smuch as Sezer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

oh she's hated more than Sezer!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Problem is, she would only go if they were all up for eviction. She only received one nomination this week if I remember right, from Richard.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Alli Babba

Apparently as well that CH4 got the biggest amount of complaints over wat was said by Grace
    People asked them to even give her a warning about her comments
    Obviously the private school she went to didnt fork out on Manners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

her class of private school brits tend to be more racist that any other type of brits, given their lack of interaction with people of other races.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

There's uproar about it.

Supposedly she was called to the Diary room over it, but no one knows for sure.

Tell us more B.

That's all i know for now. Bit busy :D
    shall ask someone later about it.

Bamboozled wrote:
    That's all i know for now. Bit busy :D
    shall ask someone later about it.

tut tut! Our fearless leader letting us down to go gallivanting wih mr. Sheen!!!

Actually it was Pledge :D

Bamboozled wrote:
    Actually it was Pledge :D

The post polish.....exccuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i don't see anything wrong with wigger.
    it basically means the same as white thrash or chav.
    i think the only person who would be offended my that word would be a wigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

julep wrote:
    i don't see anything wrong with wigger.
    it basically means the same as white thrash or chav.
    i think the only person who would be offended my that word would be a wigger.

The only person that would take offense to any term similar would be a person of that variety though. So it is jsut as bad as any term.

Thought i dodged giving examples there very well;)

confuzzled.

All i know is that there were a lot of complaints, the C4 forum was overrun by complaints and it was all over the papers, so sommeone had to take notice of Grace saying that word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭judybaby

That term is inappropriate and indicates prejudice. She makes me ill!

She tries SO damn hard to look "posh" and in reality she is as common as muck.

I've always watched BB and this is the first year I have disliked someone as much. (dare i say hate?) Hopefully she'll be nominated next week and is booted out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Lindaloo

Got this from a thread on C4 site -

Father of Big Brother Grace could be jailed
    THE dad of Big Brother contestant Grace faces jail after being found guilty of harassing and racially abusing police officers.
    Karl Adams, of Christchurch Road, Abington, Northampton, was found guilty of the charges relating to a one-hour stand-off at his home, and later at Campbell Square police station, on January 6 last year.
    Kettering Magistrates' Court heard how he swore and was aggressive, using racially abusive language aimed at black officer, Pc Stephen McKenzie.
    Pc Steven King told the court how Adams, who owns a nursery school in Northampton with his partner, shouted "don't look at me with those black eyes".
    Pc King added: "He said didn't we know who he was, he was a nursery teacher, he looked after our kids and would poison their food."
    Mark Himsworth, defending, claimed the credibility of the officers was in question.
    He said: "The officers describe Adams as abusive throughout, however, there is seriously discordant evidence."
    Adams said he had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder following previous court cases and dealings with Northamptonshire Police, including an 11-hour siege at his former home.
    He said: "My girlfriend woke to find me on the floor, I had auditory hallucinations.
    "She phoned for an ambulance to assist me and specifically asked for the ambulance people not to call the police."
    Adams said how he tried to avoid direct contact with the officers at his home until they started attacking his partner with their batons. Both of them were sprayed with CS gas and were burned as a result.
    Adams added: "They play the race card and make up these lies. The only thing I said to Pc McKenzie was 'take your big eyes off me' because he was looking at me with wild eyes."
    The 47-year-old was found guilty of threatening behaviour and racially abusing the police officer.
    A third charge of harassment following an abusive phone call to his own mother was dismissed.
    Presiding magistrate, John Woollett, said: "Using threatening and abusive behaviour and with intent is so serious we think a custodial sentence is appropriate for rehabilitation and for the protection of the public."
    The case was adjourned for pre-sentencing reports and Adams will appear before Northampton Magistrates' Court next month.

Lindaloo wrote:
    Got this from a thread on C4 site -

Father of Big Brother Grace could be jailed
    THE dad of Big Brother contestant Grace faces jail after being found guilty of harassing and racially abusing police officers.
    Karl Adams, of Christchurch Road, Abington, Northampton, was found guilty of the charges relating to a one-hour stand-off at his home, and later at Campbell Square police station, on January 6 last year.
    Kettering M

er what were the police doing there?

er what were the police doing there?

Read the rest of the story?

They sound rough don't they, this racism lark will get her in serious **** with teh public when she comes out LOL :D

including an 11-hour siege at his former home.? thats all it says, why was he interacting with the police in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

looking at the profiles in the paper before it started she looked the nicest and mikey and glynn looked like w**kers, my my definately do not judge a book by its colour

I thought she had recently only found her father after he left whe nshe was a kiddie?

I thought he was locked up.

Is it her stepfather they'e on about?

Advertisement