Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying my first LCD.

• 07-06-2006 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi
    I heard there's a LCD sale on in Harvey Normans on Thursday 8th of June. I have around €1200 to spend on a 32" LCD.Can anyone point me in the right direction on which one to buy?
    Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi, I bought the one for sale in xtravision for €999, its a nice piece of kit, theres a big post about it in another section, also if you redeem the pigsback voucher you get a free philips DVD player with it, it has an HDMI slot for future HD sources, the picture is excellent, see this thread on avforums http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293464&highlight=Vvuon
    , I have a Panasonic 42 plasma in the living room and this LCD will give it a run for its money, you pay your €100 deposit and collect next day from the store...I looked at all the LCD's in Curry's, dixon's, harvey norman's, DID, etc and the nearest I could get was the LG one for €1200 without an HDMI socket or a free DVD player, I hope this helps you...

P.S. the xtravision website states that it a DVi connection but its not its defo HDMI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

For 1200 euro you should be looking at Samsung, LG and JVC I think.

Have a look on komplett.ie for some pictures, specs and price range.

Note: expect to pay about 100 - 250 more in Harvy Norman then komplett

Good luck

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 giz25

Cheers lads i'll have a look at those options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

quazzy wrote:
    For 1200 euro you should be looking at Samsung, LG and JVC I think.

Have a look on komplett.ie for some pictures, specs and price range.

Note: expect to pay about 100 - 250 more in Harvy Norman then komplett

Good luck

Q

i'll second that. Love the 32" R51 Samsung I got from Komplett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I'll third that. Love my LE32R41B, though I got it from savastore in the UK.
    Definitely cheaper buying online than Harvey Norman's, or even the likes of DID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I got a lovely Tosh from http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/ , delivered to Dublin. Tosh isn't really a huge brand here (tho you can usually see a few in PowerCity) but they have a good reputation in the UK and the screen on my was really excellent quality.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Yeah, i got the 26" R51, cracking TV. also try www.pixmania.com

Advertisement