Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugeot 206

Options
  • 07-06-2006 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

hey just wondering if anyone can shed light on this. when im driving along a flat road and the fan comes on to cool down the engine a hummm or vibrating noise comes from the engine as if somethings hitting the fan. but if the fan comes on and im going over either a speed bump, or i have the steering wheel locked to turn or going over those "cats eye's" things in the middle of the road an almighty load roar eminates from the engine like its going to blow up!! its very embaressing. now ive had it at two peugeot garages already but i think they dont believe me cuz it never gets fixed and in fairness you'd have to drive it around for a week to hear it happenning! i changed the factory standard discs to drilled and grooved ones and this is when it started happening. its due a service and gonna bring it to galway to a garage up there but need to know what to say to them! cheers;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Time to pull the bonnet and have a look I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

yep definelty only i did. i took out the front grill and reved the engine till the fan came on then a mate bouned the front up and down to simulate a bump on the shocks but not even a peep came out of it. thought it might be the horn but it wasnt. ive some tracking problems and vibrations through the steering column due too very bad roads ere in the west so maybe its linked......i dont know.......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

doesn't sound as if it's the fan, would it be the brake discs? get your dealer to have a look at them

Advertisement