Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ildana gone bust?

Options
  • 07-06-2006 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Heard that Idana went into liquidation, were being bought over by Pure Telecom but it fell through, now being looked at by fastnet

Anyone heard anymore about this?

John

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

creditors meeting in late April , heard nothing after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

fastnet took over their 200 and something customers afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Yep, short snippet in latest SB Post confirming this:

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=TECHNOLOGY-qqqs=themarket-qqqid=14707-qqqx=1.asp

"Fastnet Broadband, an internet provider with operations in Ireland and Britain, has bought rival operator Ildana out of liquidation and plans to expand further in Ireland.

Under a deal completed last week, Fastnet has acquired Ildana’s 260 broadband internet customers. It also bought Ildana’s contracts to provide internet services to 30 rural communities under the government’s group broadband scheme.

The value of the deal has not been disclosed, but it is understood to be a significant six-figure sum.

Fastnet plans to incorporate all of Ildana’s business under the Fastnet branding over the coming weeks, and then expand its services."

I'm living near an area of Meath due to be enabled under the GBS by Ildana....apparently Fastnet have now enabled the service and I'm trying to find out if it will be available/extended to my area - they're not responding to telephone calls or emails though, which was pretty much the response I got from Ildana when it was in business :(

Advertisement