Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV, Broadband, and Phone options in Balbriggan

Options
  • 07-06-2006 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Moving to Balbriggan in a little over two weeks, and I was just wondering if anyone could fill me in on what TV, Broadband, and Phone providers are available in the area. Is there any company in the area that has a 3-in-1 package? (for a reasonable price?)

PS - Thanks for all the great info in the "Newly moved to Balbriggan - what goss should I know!" thread - gives me some idea what to expect from the move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Broadband - DigiWeb, Eircom, BT, Imagine, Net1 (some parts)

TV - BBC1, BBC2, UTV, C4 via normal ariel.
    SKY Digital via dish.
    NTL info http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-2054873703.html

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Great - thanks Bluetonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 infinitejest

Hello again!

I have been using Eircom's Home Starter broadband for the last year - no problems with it so far.

I just got NTL MMDS last month and the reception is good so far (I'm in a three-story house and have a good line of sight.)

infinitejest

As far as I know though, Eircom's Home Starter package has a limit on how much you can download - I'd like to avoid limits if possible.

Did it take long to get connected?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dsl is available as for television options either a free to air aerial or ntl mmds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 infinitejest

Hi,

yes, there is 10 GB download limit. I am heavy internet user, but don't download a lot of audio/video, so the limit hasn't been a problem.

I have it installed for about a year, and as I receall, it took 7-10 days to receive the modem/router in the post.

Installation instructions were vague, and I had to plug in the modem to the computer in order to trigger the 'wireless' function. Since then I haven't had any problems and the speed is good (at least as good as my work connection).

Digiweb seem to have a better deal so I might check them out at some stage...not sure I want go through the hassle of changing!

infinitejest

thanks for all the info infinitejest

Advertisement