Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW dealer (un)rant

Options
  • 07-06-2006 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Had to book my mkIV golf into VW dealer today for an inspection, Orange emmission warning light on, and bad grinding from anti-roll bar. Decidied best to go with them despite expense (GRRRR!!!:mad:) but I've had bad experience with cowboys before. I have to say I've heard a lot of flack directed at main dealers but they were very helpful. Got me a date monday week and organised a replacement car for the day, even though I didn't buy the car from them nor is it under VW warranty (its 02).

The guy in service reckons its a lambda probe and Anti roll bar bushing - apparently common enough niggles on the mkIV. Ah well.... At least it was good to see a dealer being friendly and helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What dealer?

In my experience with VW dealers I'd reserve judgement until the car has been repaired..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Exactly, come back to us after the job is done and how much he "charges" you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Kermitt wrote:
    Had to book my mkIV golf into VW dealer today for an inspection, Orange emmission warning light on, and bad grinding from anti-roll bar. Decidied best to go with them despite expense (GRRRR!!!:mad:) but I've had bad experience with cowboys before. I have to say I've heard a lot of flack directed at main dealers but they were very helpful. Got me a date monday week and organised a replacement car for the day, even though I didn't buy the car from them nor is it under VW warranty (its 02).

The guy in service reckons its a lambda probe and Anti roll bar bushing - apparently common enough niggles on the mkIV. Ah well.... At least it was good to see a dealer being friendly and helpful.

What is this about? having a go at a VW dealer before you even get anything done?????

Some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Big Nelly wrote:
    What is this about? having a go at a VW dealer before you even get anything done?????

Some people!
    In fairness, it looks like the OP is pointing out their surprise at having a pleasant experience with a VW dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Big Nelly wrote:

Some people!

Wasn't having a go- was surprised by helpfulness. read the post....

Of course I'll reserve full judgement until it's all finished but at least they organised a replacement car which they're under no obligation to do. I expect it'll cost in the region of €500 - €600 to get it sorted, a pain i the ass but I'd rather have it right when I'm doing 30k miles a year.

[EDIT:] It's Sheehy's in Naas - and I've heard a lot of grumbles about them - but it was them or wait until July 17th for Moore's in Portarlington.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Kermitt wrote:
    at least they organised a replacement car which they're under no obligation to do.

It'll be a rental car i'm sure and you'll end up paying €40-50 for the pleasure. no way they'll give u a free replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

anti roll bar bushens aren't that hard to change, did my 2 yesterday evening helping my local mechanic and was surprised how little there is to it. took about 30 mins and the bushens cost 15 euro. just thought i would let ya know! :)

Advertisement