Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUOTE For Proprietary Effluent Treatment?

• 07-06-2006 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

HI Lads

Recieved a quote for 3950 euro for effluent treatment unit,Is this not very high?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

First, you need to check your Site Characterisation Report, what system is
    actually most suitable for your site, did your planners specify anything in particular? what are your neighbours using etc?

Send a copy of your site characterisation report to the various suppliers
    they'll come back to you with a recommendation..

let me guess, from the price you quoted its the Bord na Mona Puraflo system
    (2 Modules) if so, that price is correct, (i'm going for the same system) it appears to be pretty good sytem (energy efficient) but that'll be for a house that's occupied by 5/6 people anymore than that you'll need the 3module system.

If i remember rightly, you've been granted planning permission lately :)
    i reckon have a look at the self build magazines to examine the various options, I'm at the exact stage as yourself now, you'll most likely have to have a maintenance agreement with a supplier before you can commence works on your full project

Either way have a look at the Puraflo system it appears to be one of the most reliable out there at the moment (at least for my site)

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Thanks De Man
    The quote was from Bio URO Clean for a 2 module tank made from concrete>They are located in Castlebar,Said "that there wasnt much maintenance involved with this system.Which the others dont tell you about".

The Condition from the planner was that the effluent from the house shall be treated in a proprietary effluent treatment unit capable of producing effulent of 20/30 standard.

I'll have a look around in the self build magazines see what else is about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Yeah sounds about right for the Puraflo which I got myself. It seems to be a good system but Bord Na Mona are right feckers to deal with.

Add to that quote the cost of any percolation pipes (usually 4" wavin with cuts every 6" to 12") which will not be supplied by Board Na Mona and also a septic tank, JCB, drainage stone, power cable and an electrician to wire it up. Just keeps adding up. When you are buying the septic tank, order a pumping chamber also which will save you having to pay BnM a premium for it.

I think my quote from Board Na Mona was €3450 for two modules but the total cost was more like €5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭allanpkr

can anyone help please.. is there an ADD ON unit to an existing septic tank,, proprietary effluent treatment unit 20/30 . grateful for any answers

Advertisement