Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emersion/Gas Boiler problems

Options
  • 07-06-2006 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Living in the Wood and our emersion has never worked. Has not been a problem till recently when the gas boiler started playing up. The pilot light fires up for about a minute and then goes out. Cold showers begining to get to me now. Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you get it fixed. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

after it shuts down, a code should display on the front of the boiler that identifies the problem. Then refer back to the user manual and take it from there.

i would guess that low water pressure is causing the problem and the solution to this is in a previous thread

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Ditto to FVC response.

We got the gas bolier serviced by Bord Gáis in April as we had problems with the water pressure as well. It's running smoothly now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if the water pressure drops below 0.6 the boiler won't light - there's a valve somewhere in your house for repressurising the system (in mine its in the hotpress)

as for the immersion not working - there may be a reset button on it - take off the cap and have a look (you might want to turn off the power before doing this)

Advertisement