Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBS Round Three

Options
  • 07-06-2006 11:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

The DCMNR was supposed to announce the overdue 3RD Round of GBS funding this month. I hear the money is not there but at present I am unaware what happened to it.

The second round closed in April 2005.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

€4 million has been earmarked for the second phase of this initiative, out of a total multi-annual budget of €25 million.

What do you mean not there? There should be €25m in total made available...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Thats the strange bit.

I hear that AT PRESENT Dempsey has NOT got ANY money for Phase 3 GBS, probably gone decommissioning trawlers or some such worthy old economy **** .

It may be a large hidden cost overrun on that Ultra mega spec Marine Institute in Galway or it could be why the Celtic Explorer is in Dry Dock undergoing some work . I will be there Sunday next to personally inspect it and to hear about the invasion :D

I do not know where the feckin money is but I hear Dempsey does not have it .

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Hmmm

A quick trawl of the DCMNR site doesn't reveal any press releases from the beginning where amounts of money available and what is was to be used for were announced.

Is history being rewriten?

John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

jwt wrote:
    Is history being rewriten?

No, its here (albeit not at the beginning)

The first 2 phases only took up about €6m-€7m between them, leaving €18-19m available in theory. Where has that €19m gone ??????

Advertisement