Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper One

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

smemon wrote:
    i covered money, work, alcohol, decision making, peer pressure.... all in a humourus way though, the examiner will be in bits reading it :D

gah see that makes sense!? i wrote a pile of bollox about... oh god it kills me to even think about it... taking breaks, haivng a laugh, doing things to like, etc etc etc.

its shockingly bad. im ashamed of myself.. thank god my english teacher isnt correcting it, i'd be so embarassed :o

i've given up hoping for anything wonderful... Please, B3, come to me... i neeeeeed you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

did A on ghost writing
    did B on the diary-soul raged ..think it was out of text one
    did essay on choice 2 ..the article of coping with pressures..

did **** in paper one did very well in paper two i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I wrote an essay on sex basically. Said it can help combat obesity. Did option 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Nice paper :D Did the speech on problems for my essay.

What is the layout of a report, I didn't know it could be asked :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

NADA wrote:
    I wrote an essay on sex basically. Said it can help combat obesity. Did option 6.

lol, you did have a look of confusion on yer face at one stage :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Raphael wrote:
    How did everyone get on? I thought mine went well, stayed in till 20 minutes from the end.

Part A: Text 2, Ghost Writing
    Part B: Text 1, the Diary
    Composing: "It was mad...ridiculous" - 4 guys cheating in their Leaving Certs

Edit: I did Higher Level
    i did the exact same! loved the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i did text 1 question a's then i did that tyhig on advertising but did we have to lay it out in a certain way????

i did the essay on the problem ..the speech to world leaders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Rockerette wrote:
    gah see that makes sense!? i wrote a pile of bollox about... oh god it kills me to even think about it... taking breaks, haivng a laugh, doing things to like, etc etc etc.

its shockingly bad. im ashamed of myself.. thank god my english teacher isnt correcting it, i'd be so embarassed :o

i've given up hoping for anything wonderful... Please, B3, come to me... i neeeeeed you :(

there there rockerette, you can't change the past :D

my essay wasn't great but it was clever, i forced links between paragraphs such as:

"jealousy lept into them like leaping maggots when you fry them in cooking oil...
    Speaking of liquid....alcohol is another problem....."

and so on. was so stupid, but the examiner will have a laugh, i hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

question a on text 2
    question b on text 1
    essay 3 ( it was mad... ridiculous)

seem to be popular choices. a friend of mine did them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

smemon wrote:
    there there rockerette, you can't change the past :D

"jealousy lept into them like leaping maggots when you fry them in cooking oil...
    Speaking of liquid....Iv'e just wet myself....."

was so stupid

Nice. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

A: Ghost writer, went alright
    B: Advertising report - didn't know the feckin' layout for it, I just did this:

TO:RANOMER ADVERTISING STANDARDS AGENCY
    RE: ADVERTISING & YOUTHS

And launched into it. Can someone tell me the correct layout?

Essay: Did q5. with the world leaders. Had an essay learned off on why nuclear power is basically the answer to all our problems so just lashed that in.

i did that too and did NO layout>????shhhittt

i did it and just put the title and To on it.

wasnt sure if they wanted the layout or not, i do business so im used to reports but there's no way you could do an english question in official report format.

i reckon they'll be lenient with the report question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

The better be! Did anybody do the essay on the importance of romance in our lives. Nobody I asked did and nobody here mentioned it or on the news. This could really work to my advantage if I am the only one!

one of my friends did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

NADA wrote:
    yeah very decent paper. Timed it prefectly
    Did question A text one
    question b text 3
    and the essay on the importance of romance in our lives.

Thank God its over though.
    I did the exact same but my part B was terrible
    my essay was sooooo funny

about a man floating in to the air and roaring whilst spinning in circle essay no. 3

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Did the first comprehension.
    Did the report.
    Did the mad. Ridiculous essay. Basically ripped off The Matrix, man vs. machines and all that. Then i got the best friends to kill each other at the end. You can't beat a bit of good ol' slaughter to liven up an essay;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

A: ghost writer thing. found it very interesting
    B: diary with the lad and the tree. i appear mentally unstable
    Essay: mad ridiculous - a very detailed acid trip written from the point of view of being on the trip so some mad descriptions and humour. it has a moral to it aswell i - get arrested. well pleased with it.

i was going to do the one about the pace of life or whatver it was but because i had done the same one for the pre but i decided to write about something more fun. ah well thats my favourite paper over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Raphael wrote:
    How did everyone get on? I thought mine went well, stayed in till 20 minutes from the end.

Part A: Text 2, Ghost Writing
    Part B: Text 1, the Diary
    Composing: "It was mad...ridiculous" - 4 guys cheating in their Leaving Certs

Edit: I did Higher Level
    Weird i wrote the exact same essay about me cheating in the LC.
    I did my A part on text one and the letter on ghost writing, wrote it Dan Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Egad i did no layout for the report either!! how many marks is it worth????:confused:

• Advertisement

Duddy wrote:
    Egad i did no layout for the report either!! how many marks is it worth????:confused:

50 for the question. i'd say maybe 15 max for layout.

>calculates< ok 4% max....not too bad....

BUT I WANT 100%!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Duddy wrote:
    >calculates< ok 4% max....not too bad....

BUT I WANT 100%!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

well that's just a guess, could even be 10 but i doubt it'd be more than 15. and tbh i think they'll be easy on us as it wasn't to clear what we had to do.

reports don't have much to do with english, more business.

I was CRAPPING myself today when i was told....i dont think i ever did a report in all my 5 years at school!!!! but got 2 and a half pages for it so hopefully I'll impress them with quality and quantity....

Or piss them off with the bad writing!!!

Advertisement