Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband south of Ennis?

Options
  • 07-06-2006 12:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 42

Hi everyone.

I'm currently looking to move to a new house, about 10 minutes of Ennis on the Kilrush road - the area is called Derragh. I would have thought that it's proximity to the town would have have assusred DSL, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I've been looking at wireless providers in the area - Digiweb, Radiowave, Irish broadband, etc. but none of them seem to cover that far out. Are there any companies I might have missed?

Looks like satellite may be my only option!

d

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

permanet across the shannon in Kerry maybe ??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 42 blather

Thanks, but it's not that far south. The local exchange is Teermaclane, and it's fairly close to Clarecastle. Across the Fergus estuary there's Newmarket on Fergus and Shannon Airport. Across the Shannon is Askeaton.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ask here because if it moves they will know about it :D

http://www.shannonbroadband.com/

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

hi blather,

Give http://www.irishwan.ie/ a go.

It's not exactly a turn key solution if you are looking for broadband, but it does give folks around Ennis an internet connection (and they, in turn, help build/grow the network).

regards,
    Dave

Thanks - I've already been posting to their message board...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Blather, did you get sorted with a connection and how is it working if so?

God man, that was a long time ago - I didn't take the house in the end, moved to Lahinch, got DSL, spent a year living there, and I'm currently back in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Funny how things change eh? Thanks anyway for getting back so quickly.

Advertisement