Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linux

• 07-06-2006 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

We're starting to use more and more Linux and Unix based stuff here at work. I dont want to be left behind and was wondering if there was a course, or books that I should be looking at to bring me up to speed on Linux and Unix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

O'Reilly do a lot of good books on Linux perhaps you could order a few
    www.oreilly.com

Easons stock them I think, O'Reilly do a good one called the Linux Cookbook and Linux in a Nutshell, but perhaps the best way to learn is download ubuntu and boot the LiveCD and start messing with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

The best thing to do might be to get a live CD (Knoppix for one) and play around with Linux there without having to install it. A book doesn't teach you anything compared to what actually sitting down and using the OS will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Check out the guides section in the "Linux Documentation Project" (www.tldp.org). You will find quite goot e-books for new users as well as introductions to system administration, and HOWTOs for nearly every topic

Advertisement