Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWe vs ECW special tonight?

• 07-06-2006 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Sky showing it?

Heyman said that they going to have a big impact to make a name for themselves... Can't wait. I stopped watching WWe recently but i'll watch ECW alright :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

2am sky sports 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Should be a bit o' craic!

I too have stopped watching WWE for the last few months, but will defo watch ECW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

do u think they will repeat it an a better hour for the kids to veiw it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think I saw repeated times for it on the ad on Sky. I did n't catch exactly when they were though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's being repeated after Raw on Thursday night. I'm lookin forward to it, but WWE have done a **** job in building it up. They didn't mention the two champions having matches on it during Raw, only on the site the next day. They've made the ECW guys look like cowards aswell, running away from the likes of Cade and Murdoch, who are nothing in WWE terms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Started watching wrestling after a long absence tonight on the USA network. Please bear with me, WWE and ECW are seperate right, or does McMahon own ECW behind it all? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

well, was it worth the sit up till ungodly hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mysterious_2006

No tbh in my opinion it was pure tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well unless you enjoyed the feed cutting out :)

Ruu wrote:
    Started watching wrestling after a long absence tonight on the USA network. Please bear with me, WWE and ECW are seperate right, or does McMahon own ECW behind it all? :)
    mcmahon owns the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i'm a little surprised at what happened last night apparnetly
    randy orton has moved to raw, with orton and angle gone SD's Roster is reduced to a bare minimum, it's ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

i'm a little surprised at what happened last night apparnetly
    randy orton has moved to raw, with orton and angle gone SD's Roster is reduced to a bare minimum, it's ridiculous

Yes but I'd assume this will lead to the end of the brandsplit so then it wouldnt really matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i have to say i really enjoyed it.. some good matches, and some of the lines and putdowns between both sets of commentators were brilliant.

anyone notice that
    that sabu and cena ended in a dq, which cant happen in an ecw rules match? strange it was... have to say i marked a little when the big show ripped off the raw t-shirt.. and anyone notice that mysterio pushed the chair of his chest as rvd was mid air for the frog splash? strange one

good show though i have to say looking forward to sunday night now

I really liked some bits of it and hated others.

The commentary feud was overkill in my opinion. All of them had some great lines and if it had been a 10 minute deal rather than 2 hours I would have liked it. But to me they seemed to be taking away from what was going on around them alot of the time.

Another thing that bugged me was seeing Edge and Hardy and Finalay and Lashley in the same locker room together. I know there trying to create an us versus them deal in the storyline but given that those 2 feuds in particuliar were so heated I would n't have done that.

The ECW guys besides Angle were pretty made look like chumps in the battle royal which I also did n't like.

RVD v Mysterio was really good while it lasted. Credit to Mysterio he's been in some really good matches lately and Van Dam looked like his old self at times.

I also really liked Cenas and Foleys promo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

i read on nodq.com that there was a one night stand t-shirt released and it had all the matches that are going to be on the ppv writin on it.but it has two extra matches on it that wwe.com dosent have on the card and they are..........balls mahoney vs masato tanaka and the fbi(little guido & tony mamaluke) vs super crazy & tajiri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Right, well first off i'm really, really looking forward to this. The WWE/ECW show the other night really whetted my appetite.

A title is going to change hands, and I reckon it's gonna be Rey dropping to Sabu, with Rey then jumping ship to ECW to get revenge. The way Heyman was talking on Smackdown about renaming a belt the ECW Championship belt was a big big hint IMO.

Anyway, the matches

20060522_ecw_wwechampionship.jpg

WWE Champion John Cena vs. RVD

Not holding out too much hope for this one, could be good, could be crap. If Cena gets cheered I'll get sick.. Cena for the win, cleanly

20060605_ecw_Mysterio_Sabu.jpg

World Champion Rey Mysterio vs. Sabu

As I said earlier I fancy Sabu for the win, and Rey to switch to ECW then to start feuding with him.. Should be a good one though, match of the night IMO.

20060605_ecw_Angle_Orton.jpg

Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton

Really looking forward to this.. Should be a cracking wrestling match, and a bit of a story leading into it. While I dont like Orton too much I reckon he'll pull out all the stops in his first match back in 60 days..

20060522_ecw_dreamerfunk_ed1.jpg

Mick Foley & Edge vs. Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer

This is going to be a total and utter gore fest. Funk and Foley are going to go at it big time, and I'm looking forward to Dreamer getting stuck into Edge.. Expect lots of spots, and gallons of blood.. I would not like to be following this match if I were in ECW.

20060605_ecw_Lawler_Tazz.jpg

Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler

Not holding out too much hope.. I thought Tazz (why isn't just Taz now?) couldnt wrestle anymore? Some of their punches looked pretty stiff the other night though, so you'd never know what we'd be in for

Super Crazy & Tajiri vs. The F.B.I.

Looking forward to it.. Plenty of spots and good wrestling please..

So yeah it's shaping up to be a good one.. Hopefully WWE won't dilute it too much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mysterious_2006

Nice thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

It's kinda obvious that Cena's gonna win. which is pathetic.. drop the F*ckin belt already, this title reign got old months ago and it's an insult to RVD if he doesn't win cos he deserves it more than Cena and should have won it long ago. If he does beat Cena though I'll be goin mental. That will be class.

Imagine the heat Cena will get off the ECW crowd if he wins. There'll be a riot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think it's a shame that RVD looks set to lose after winning that great MITB match at WM22. I see Cena winning due to an ECW wrestler costing Van Dam the title inadvertently.

My head tells me Rey is winning this one as I imagine they want Batista to take back "his" title eventually. I hope its Sabu though but I doubt it.

This match will be a nightmare and I predict the fans will boo the two guys out of the building. This bout will be more unpopular than Cena's one make no mistake. Angle will win and hopefully he'll do so very quickly.

This one should be bloody and I expect there to be a big spot involved in this match. Flaming tables anyone? Don't be surprised to see Edge take a sick bump in order to get himself over with the ECW faithful. I think Funk and Dreamer will win. Also, Beulah and Lita = CATFIGHT!!!

Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler

Thanks for coming, King. Taz to win. I expect there to be good mic work back and forth between the two beforehand.

Super Crazy for the win. :cool:

There should be at least one unscheduled match on the card too as happened last year with Rhyno and Sabu. I think it will be a good night and I hope there is at least one title change.

Yeah, saying that Show turned on his "former best friend" sounded kinda stupid, when it was Randy who he eliminated

• Advertisement

They've got the FBI match listed on ECW's website already

Doesn't look like Rhino's goin to be at ONS, he said at TNA's Hardcore War that he was offered a WWE contract, but he turned them down to stick with TNA. Spike Dudley ripped up a WWE contract at the show too, saying he'd been offered a deal just to do ONS. I think there's videos of it on Youtube

Rey V RVD- I'll go with a controversial no finish. But if there is a finish I see RVD winning.

Sabu v Rey- Rey. I hope Sabu does n't hurt him or himself.

Funk, Dreamer V Foley, Flair- Funk pinning Foley. And even though rationally it should n't I expect this match will be somehow really good.

Orton V Angle- Angle to win. I can see Orton getting stick but I can't see any smart audience booing Angle out of the building when he starts wrestling.

The rest will hopfully be good, entertaining matches.

Funk, Dreamer V Foley, Flair

I don't think Foley and Flair will be teaming up in this lifetime!

Cena vs RVD - Can't see RVD winning, WWE wouldn't want their top title moving like that. I can't see Cena getting a clean win either. Maybe one of the ECW guys will turn on RVD and set up a new feud? Big Show might do it

Rey vs Sabu - ECW needs a title, so they can either make one up or take one of WWE's. This is the more likely title to go to ECW, although I can't see why they'd let Sabu beat Rey when they've shown no interest in him for the past 5 years, and when Rey's been losing so much recently. I'm goin with Sabu for the win

Foley and Edge vs Dreamer and Funk - Beulah and Lita will more than likely end up gettin in a fight, as someone said. I'd expect this to be a good one, Foley seems more into this than any of his recent feuds. He went to Vince with the idea for this too, so I'd assume it means something to him. Dreamer or Edge will probably take some sort of big bump. In the end, the ECW guys to win

Angle vs Orton - I'm going to say Orton for this one, because he said he's going to destroy ECW, so more than likely he'll be showing up again there

Tazz vs Lawler - Tazz, with some enthusiastic commentary from Joey

FBI vs Super Crazy and Tajiri - I'd expect Tajiri to pick up the win, might be his last appearance on WWE tv. I heard Mikey Whipwreck will be involved with this one, that should be cool. Should be a good match

Hopefully Stevie Richards has a match! Pity about the Benoit and Malenko match not going ahead now. Same with the JBL/Tracy Smothers match, haha

There'll be some sort of big twist in the ppv somewhere, I'd nearly guarantee that

EDIT: Just after thinkin, Chavo will probably turn on Rey at ONS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Doesn't look like Rhino's goin to be at ONS, he said at TNA's Hardcore War that he was offered a WWE contract, but he turned them down to stick with TNA. Spike Dudley ripped up a WWE contract at the show too, saying he'd been offered a deal just to do ONS. I think there's videos of it on Youtube

Yeah I saw that and I thought it was a joke. Spike needs to quit his whining. As Paul Heyman recently said in an interview, that's TNA's whole problem. Whining...
    ''I don't think TNA is even a consideration. `I don't think TNA is even a consideration to anyone in this industry. I wish that they were, but the problem with TNA is they never branded themselves. They took a bunch of guys, whether they had legitimate gripes in WWE, it doesn't matter. They took a bunch of guys, who came on TNA and instead of saying, `This is my opportunity. This is my opportunity to brand TNA. This is my opportunity to create a new style.' All they would say is, `I've been held back. I wasn't given an opportunity. I didn't get this. I didn't get that, and now I'm going to have it.' You know, nobody cares if you've been held back or not. People want to be entertained. It's like if Sylvester Stallone doing a Rocky movie and saying, `You know I wanted it to be a different script.' Who cares? Screw you, entertain me. What they do in TNA is sit there #%*&*#@& and moan about their WWE experiences, instead of selling you on the TNA experience."

"Another thing they did in TNA wrong, in my opinion, is they didn't brand new stars to be their stars. They didn't make Samoa Joe their star. They didn't make Abyss their lead star. They should have taken these lead guys and branded them so that they are TNA stars."

Heyman also does a good job on this radio show rubbishing the claims by Bubba Ray that ECW would fail since the "heart" of the show wasn't there.

That's the trouble with Spike and the other Dudleyz. They think ECW can't go on without them when in reality, it can and will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Since ECW will be starting up soon they're going to need to start turning people heel and stuff for the show to work. I'm hoping some unexpected faces turn up and interfere setting up feuds and heel turns for the new show. For example maybe that Terkey guy interferes in Angles match setting up a feud between the two for tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Unfortunetly all the signs seem to be that Cena will win. I really wish that it would be RVD's night to win the title. Hope Cena gets booed out of the building!

At first I was thinking that surely one title would change, letting ECW have one title either by having Sabu win the match or having Rey win and join ECW. But I think Smackdown have lost enough wrestlers lately!! I think Rey could actually win this match (could it be his first win since having the title, Shock!!) They'll probably take into account about Sabu losing at a TNA PPV which might change the outcome.

Angle to win this one!! need i say more!

This is gonna be the bloodiest match of the night. Funk & Dreamer to pick up the win! Beulah to make an appearance to attack Lita.

Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler

Short match with Tazz picking up the win!

Should be a good match. Will be great to see Tajiri wrestle again. Super Crazy & Tajiri to win.

Hopefully we'll see Steven Richards, Sandman, Justin Credible in some matches and if the rumours are true....Lance Storm :D

alrite sorry about that but i also jus read on nodq.com
    rvd vs cena might have a disputed finish,buelah will do a run in on lita during the foley&edge vs funk&dreamer match and justin credible and lance storm might reunite for one night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

This will be RVD's night, he'll have the belt for the first few weeks to give the ecw brand a push, with edge taking the title back to raw in a few weeks time.

Rey has to get the win here, smachdown have enough problems without losing the title to sabu, should be a good match with a few nice high flying spots.

Will be entirely one sided, expect angle to destory orton.

Blood fest to a no finish with some crazy spot.

Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler

Joeys commentary will be the most interesting part of this one.

crazy and tajiri for the win.

There were rumors of a barbed wired match, or one of the matches being 'wired', any truth to this? Either way should be a good ppv!

• Advertisement

Funk, Dreamer V Foley, Flair- Funk pinning Foley. And even though rationally it should n't I expect this match will be somehow really good.

I think that was a bit of wishful thinking on my part! Even Funk at 62 and Flair at 57 I'd love to see it one more time.

Actually for those that care heres a link to some photo snaps of his wedding http://community.webshots.com/album/550899466iEghGF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I'd like to see sources :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

im SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that this is going to happen tonight at ONS.....who here is looking forward to it happening??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

god i hope so :)

im thinking of ordering this through wwe.com

couple of things:

has anyone ever ordered a live webcast from them?
    is the quality decent?
    is there any lag on a broadband connection?

should be a great show, ragin i dont have sky :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

never ordered one but i watched the hall of fame live on wwe.com and it was perfect...no lag whatsoever........the screen isnt too big though...maybe its just that i didnt know how to make it bigger but i could see everything that was going on.....if i were you i would wat til tomorrow and just download it for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

;)

ty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

It's unlikely that Cena will loose the title tonight (or if her does he'll regain it quickly) even though I'd love to see R.V.D win it.

WWE managment is big on Cena who they reckon as a model champion.

The wrestlers are happy enough with Cena as champ as house show attendece and merchendising are up which puts more money in their pcokets.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I'd really like to see RVD finally win the title, but I cannot see WWE having their "premier" belt dropped / transformed into the ECW title. Then again, who knows...every prediction I made for Judgement Day was wrong so.....:rolleyes:

fatal wrote:
    never ordered one but i watched the hall of fame live on wwe.com and it was perfect...no lag whatsoever........the screen isnt too big though...maybe its just that i didnt know how to make it bigger but i could see everything that was going on.....if i were you i would wat til tomorrow and just download it for free
    double click on the screen. oh, and...it'll probably be mysterio dropping the title to sabu, because he's injured and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Lots of spoilers for tonight from WrestleZone

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=152062491

Rob Van Dam will not be carrying John Cena's WWE Title to ECW, so whether it's at the PPV or on RAW the next night, Cena will end up on top. There will likely be a disputed finish during tomorrow's match.

Although many are pushing for Funk and Dreamer to win their match, Funk (who won't be a permanent part of ECW) himself likely supports an Edge/Foley victory, since he's of the philosophy that the wrestler leaving should do the job. This will obviously be a bloodbath, and Beulah will likely run in on Lita.

Tazz will obviously win a short match by choking out Jerry Lawler.

Expect heavy employment of the steel chair in the Tanaka-Mahoney match.

There has been some internal questioning of the decision to book Sabu vs. Rey Mysterio, since Mysterio will undoubtedly be the heel in the building. Nonetheless, there is confidence that the match will be solid, albeit not a classic.

Unless WWE is planning to feature Orton on ECW TV this week, Kurt Angle will win their match.

There has been talk of having Super Crazy and Tajiri turn on each other in their tag match, although nothing definitive was available at press time.

Expect some minor surprises on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

It will be the best day of my life if cena loses the title!!! RVD,RVD,RVD

• Advertisement

Yeah I saw that and I thought it was a joke. Spike needs to quit his whining. As Paul Heyman recently said in an interview, that's TNA's whole problem. Whining...

In fairness, it doesn't happen all that often. The only people who have done it on tv were Christian, Bubba and Rhino. They just did it with Rhino once before he won the title, and Christian just mentioned it a few times, didn't sound like whining really, because what he said was true. Ray does seem to be overdoing it at times, but they're entertaining promos!

Ah, Cena's not going to lose. They've already got a title match set up for Vengeance, I really don't see RVD facing Edge there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I reckon Cena will lose to RVD and then somehow face Rey Mysterio and win the title off him. Which then leaves Smackdown with no belt and every one jumps ship to Raw or ECW. Should be a good night though.:)

My first post. yippie:D

I also think Dreamer/Funk V Foley/Edge will be boring. Funk can hardly walk how can he fight.

Funk's psychology is still top notch, he'll get you into the match

Some slight spoilers from PWInsider:
    Fonzie is there to manage Sabu and RVD. Eugene and Trinity are also backstage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Cena to win, but dies in the ensuing riot.:eek:

Sabu to win becoming ECWs champion :cool:

Angle to win :)

Foley and Edge to win, crimson masks for all. :D

Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler

Tazz to choke out Lawler, hopfully bruising his throat and shutting Jerry up for a while. ;)

FBI to win, lots of high flying action. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

What about Micheal Cole coming in for Tazz and JR coming in for The king could make it exciting watching 2 none wrestlers going for it. I think something has to happen to HHH why isn't he scheduled for a match same with Shawn Micheals. Maybe Dx coming in.:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i dont see why everone expects Cena to win its not like he's HHH or anything.

plus seing as one of the belts will most likely be renamed the ECW title why not the belt that tbh doesent look as prestigous, by which i mean the one Cena made rotate in the centre wow how bling was that... sarcasm.

also who better to lead the new ECW franchise as champ than Mr Main Event, Mr Money in the bank, the real "High" flyer and the man who's name is used just like the ECW chant RVD

plus from the sound of you guys that could just make this PPV

HHH and Shawn aren't having matches cos they're not in ECW. All the other matches have ECW good guys

Just thinkin about how they'd actually get Cena out alive..I was thinkin they'd get someone to turn heel on RVD, Big Show was the first one I thought. But if they get an old ECW favourite to turn heel, that would really deflect the attention on Cena, allowing him to escape with his life! Same can't be said for whoever turns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well the first proper match was quality and as predicted Angle with the win.

Skud wrote:
    I'd like to see sources :)

i gave sources.i said "i just read on NODQ.COM".read the post properly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement