Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro

• 07-06-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I am thinking about abandoning NTL, I am on the cable on the lowest plan in favour of Digiweb Metro Lite - I want to get rid of the phoneline!

I live on the 5th floor of an apartment block in Templeogue and there are other apartment blocks around me, do you think that the Metro will work in these circumstance and will the telephone line work okay as I will want to call Australia?

Thanks!

R

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

rcard wrote:
    Hi,

I am thinking about abandoning NTL, I am on the cable on the lowest plan in favour of Digiweb Metro Lite - I want to get rid of the phoneline!

You don't need a phone line with NTL, you can get rid of the telephone line and instead use www.blueface.ie VoIP service over NTL.

Blueface offer unlimited local and national calls at anytime for just €15 and unlimited local, national and international calls for just €25. It works very well over NTL.
    rcard wrote:
    I live on the 5th floor of an apartment block in Templeogue and there are other apartment blocks around me, do you think that the Metro will work in these circumstance and will the telephone line work okay as I will want to call Australia?

Well Digiweb Metro requires wireless line of sight, so it requires you to put an aerial on the roof. Firstly you will need to get permission from the apartment building management company and secondly I'm not even sure if the Digiweb installers would do it (insurance issues), maybe one of the lads from Digiweb can answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rcard

Thanks for that bk!

Sounds like a better idea, I looked everywhere on the metro pages and it mentioned nothing about an arial but i did wonder where the radio waves came from :D

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Id have NTL if i could.

Advertisement