Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southgate appointed as Boro boss

• 07-06-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭

Couldnt see a thread for this anywhere, so making one here, if its been posted somewhere else, some1 delete this or move it to the right place :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/5052126.stm
    Middlesbrough have appointed Gareth Southgate as their new manager.

Southgate, who won 57 caps for England, joined Boro from Aston Villa in a £6.5m deal in summer 2001, and has made more than 200 appearances for the club.

The 35-year-old defender has been given the job despite not possessing the relevant Uefa coaching qualifications.

Club chairman Steve Gibson said: "We have fast-tracked Gareth because we let our previous manager, Steve McClaren, become the new England coach."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

It will be interesting to see what happens with this. Hopefully he can continue building the Boro team. I'd be happy with a top half finish next season, maybe a UEFA cup placing (all assuming he gets to keep the job).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Looks like Huth will be his first signing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Boro should get a repamand for defying the FA so blatantly imo. I don't think Southgate will get installed as manager. I wonder what odds you would get on O Neil becoming their manager for the forthcoming season? Good odds no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Bit surprised myself but if there was ever a player i saw definitely going down the management road it was Southgate. I hope he does well for them, good pro and seems like an honest bloke.wonder what this is gonna do for the LMA s credibiliy though.

Advertisement