Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2.ie Web page still giving problems

• 07-06-2006 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭

Is anyone still having problems with o2 website.
    I am totally fed up with this as since the upgrade it is slow, inaccessible and has charged my credit card twice for one transaction!

The old site had the names of all mangers published.
    If anyone is as fed up as I am, do you think it would be agood idea to write to each of these guys.
    Either that or switch providers!!!
    Mind you i have the names of the managers but not the address to write to!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

agreed, its a discrace - cant webtext at the moment, kicks me out more often then the old one,

wish they would get the act together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Hi all,
    I am so fed up with O2 i asked for a contact name for the senior management (unfortuynately i also said their web engineers should be sacked, particularly as i got charged twice on my credit card!)
    I got this from O2 customer care team:

Mr. Hanway is the Director of O2 Customer Care if you would like to send
    a complaint to him, the address is McLaughlin Road, National
    Technological Park, Limerick.

If we hit em with enough letters do you think that it will register that their service is crap?
    In addition from the website i have the following names:
    Danuta Gray, Chief Executive
    Campbell Scott, Director of Innovation
    Oliver Coughlan, Technology Director
    Terri Fitzgerald-Bradley, Customer Experience Director
    Tony Hanway, Customer Care Director

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I've had enough personally and since I'm out of contract I'm switching back to Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Somebody must have seen this :D
    I just tried it out now and the bloody thing is like its on speed!!!
    Its the first time its worked properly since they DESTROYED it!

Jeez you'er up early. Not working for me. Its so random. What kinda muppets do they have working on this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I got somebody else's phone book on it the other day. I contacted O2 as I figured this was kind of a big breach of security.

They sent an email back saying ring 1901 - they didn't seem too bothered to be honest, so if you get responses to strange texts you do not remember sending, this is probably why.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

A friend of mine told me a lady started working with him last week. She used to work for o2. She told him a lot of people were beaten with sticks and made walk the plank! Ok a bit extreme but o2 managment sacked a lot people over the website fiasco. A lot of poople lost their mail saved etc... did they give any free credit?? no!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

:mad: I cant believe this site is still down!!

Every time I try to register my phone, it crashes.:mad:

Its extremely annoying as I have no credit and need to use the freetexts..

I'll be back on Meteor tomorrow. Webtext on that always worked much better than O2. O2 site has always been incredibly slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

d-redser wrote:
    :mad: I cant believe this site is still down!!

Every time I try to register my phone, it crashes.:mad:

Its extremely annoying as I have no credit and need to use the freetexts..
    you can register over the phone but you get a bit less credit i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@d-redser
    You have 3 options:
    - wait for the website to start working again (12th Never ~)
    - ring customer care, do it over the phone, explain the problem and they'll proberly give you the extra €20 anyhow
    - go into an O2 shop and ask them to do it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jonlon73

Yeah, their really are a bunch of useless tosspots. Mind you the o2 website has been like this for years. They really are a bunch of thickos. My phonebook dissappeared from their website and not long after they decided to
    help themselves to a few quid from my card a couple of times. Bloody thiefs.
    There never seemed to be a supervisor or some kind of manager present when I called them, I felt sorry for the guys on the phone, they got the height of abuse from me, and they probably hated their job ( I mean, providing a crap service is a horrible job, unless you're a toilet roll )
    I sent them several dozen e-mails and also hard copies of said e-mails, really just to annoy them as much as they annoyed me, but they couldn't give a toss. After about six months they gave me €100 of free credit. I was delighted as I had already switched to Vodafone ( have we another forum for them while I'm at it? ) So I sold my sim o2 sim card and got the cash instead of their stupid credit.
    So there you go, I hate them and wish them every failure possible and imminent bankrupcy or something. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KenAdamsII

A friend of mine told me a lady started working with him last week. She used to work for o2. She told him a lot of people were beaten with sticks and made walk the plank! Ok a bit extreme but o2 managment sacked a lot people over the website fiasco. A lot of poople lost their mail saved etc... did they give any free credit?? no!!

Where did you hear such rubbish? I left O2 a couple of months ago, and I can tell you, that thats not their policy, victimising people. Maybe get your facts right before you post such tripe.

I didnt work in the web area, but I knew people who did. That sort of thing may exist in your company and quite possible under Medieval type ventures, but not there.

I assume he meant people were reprimanded for doing such a poor job of the website upgrade. How is that victimising people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KenAdamsII

I assume he meant people were reprimanded for doing such a poor job of the website upgrade. How is that victimising people?

No he quite clearly says "sacked".

Sacking a person when a project performs poorly is scape-goating and victimisation. Modern HR policies (in most organisations of this size) will allow for an escalation procedure. Written/verbal, whatever, you dont just sack someone when a project underachieves.

Im not mixing language here, and we are getting off topic. Suffice it to say, I agree that the o2.ie site is pants, but comments like the one above (not you TempestSabre) are more at home in tabloid newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

the stupid o2 website is EXTREMELY slow AGAIN!!! what a load of b****x. As soon as my contract is up with o2 im switching.

Its been like this ever since the stupid tosspots tried to upgrade the website. The website wasn't even available in Sunday for some reason!!

o2 w*****s

KenAdamsII wrote:
    No he quite clearly says "sacked".

Sacking a person when a project performs poorly is scape-goating and victimisation. Modern HR policies (in most organisations of this size) will allow for an escalation procedure. Written/verbal, whatever, you dont just sack someone when a project underachieves.

Im not mixing language here, and we are getting off topic. Suffice it to say, I agree that the o2.ie site is pants, but comments like the one above (not you TempestSabre) are more at home in tabloid newspapers.

I assumed it was the usual urban/corporate legend. Smigen of truth with a large dollop of tabloidism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hmm, just seems to be hanging for me, too... but I did get in this time after about 1.5 mins. Nearly gave up, it hangs for so long! Tried earlier too. By the time it came back with a prompt, it had timed out!

Advertisement