Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forthcoming vB 3.6 - the features that seem to be of interest...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Just like to point out that there's already auto-completion of nicks in PM's - half type someones nick in and wait a minute to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

&#231 wrote: »
    Just like to point out that there's already auto-completion of nicks in PM's - half type someones nick in and wait a minute to see.

Oops - another pointless post by me so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Time until latest rep/kharma/infraction system is abolished - 6 months.

No sign of flash sigs then no?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

"Private Message Preview in Notification Emails"

I'm not sure about this.

The way it works now is if a member sends a PM the recipient gets a Email from the board telling them you got a PM (if user has set this up in userCP). if the recipient's email address is full/not working the Email is bounced back to the admin/forum 'bounced mail' account or whatever the admin has set up for it. If the contents/preview of this pm is now included in the Email it's self, would this not mean the admin could get the pm too along inside the bounced email?

Can't wait till the RC1 is out as I'm a little more warey.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Technically yes, the admin could view the PM contents, but the chances are slim of this happening all the time.

If a user feels that this would happen, then they can switch off PM emails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

the features all sound very good. But in the case of an RSS feed bot, wouldn't this not cover up all the latest thread spaces. Could you make the latest thread space thing on the main page to ignore the bot.

Yeah thats easily done. If a forum is made specifically for the RSS posts, you can exclude them from being shown on the main page. You can use a subpage to show the RSS posts.

sounds good. Keeping boards updated is important too..
    Good work all ;)

Sparky-s wrote:
    Technically yes, the admin could view the PM contents, but the chances are slim of this happening all the time.

If a user feels that this would happen, then they can switch off PM emails.
    Well I feel it's something they should tell people about. I get around 20-40 bounced mails a week (old members moved on and stuff) so I know in my vB message board the members would be up in arms if they found out this. lol forget pm reading hacks just bounce an email address.

I hope vB.com sort this one out.

Well knowing how much vB can be hacked I'd say its easy to install something that can disable it emailing the message body.

Idealy vB should include in the vB options the functions to have it either send the generic PM message we are all used to, or the new feature.

Either way the later would have more querys as it has to get the message body from the PM.

• Advertisement

Yep true that, well I've not downloaded this beta just yet and may wait till the general release (3.6.0) but I'm still looking forward to all big time! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Messing around with the Beta version, modding, multi quotes, rep, etc. Seems coolaboola.
    EDIT: Infracting is very good, apparantly a mod can do it in any forum, well I can.

3.6 looks good so far from being admin on Sparky's forum, has a lot of nice features

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Karoma wrote:
    zomg! THIS IS A POLICE STATE!
    Noob :p

Advertisement