Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

add some snes games to MCE

• 07-06-2006 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

finally found a way to get zsnes games running directly from mce :)
    now all i need are some controllers........

i have 2 usb pc ones but im gonna get the real deal fom ebay.
    certainly adds some extra sparkle to MCE to select mario kart from the menu and get some retro action going :D
    1. The trick is to sssociate the roms with zsnes so they launch when you double click on the rom. (right click on the rom and select open with zsnes).
    Most roms will launch when you double click, but its best to check before you go through the trouble of adding them to mce.

2. Open Zsnes and go to:
    Misc - Game Keys - Now set the 'Exit key' to your remote, the back button cannot be used, so i use the left arrow.

Also go to: Misc - GUI options - and tick 'always on top'.

3. Now create a shortcut to the rom into your mce games directory, and link it to the mcl file. (I had errors when i linked the game directly, so stick with the shortcut)
    heres an example mcl file:

<application
    name = "Super Mrio Kart
    SharedViewport = ""
    NowPlayingDirective = ""
    run = "C:\MCE Games\mariokart.lnk"
    startimage="C:\MCE Games\mariokart_box.png"
    thumbnailimage="C:\MCE Games\mariokart_box.png"
    >
    <capabilitiesrequired
    directx="True"
    audio="False"
    video="False"
    intensiverendering="True"
    console="False"

When your finished playing the game, just press the left arrow, and the mce green button, & you'll return to mce like a flash.

of course you need to legally own any roms you use and youll have to find your own box art online - google images is great for it :)

Advertisement