Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Metallica music

• 07-06-2006 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Blabbermouth have posted up a complete mp3 of the new Metallica song played in Berlin.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53367

Im really liking this song and Ive hated everything since the black album. Rick Rubin hasnt even got involved yet. Cant wait for the new album, and I wonder if they play this on Sunday? :D

Would I be jumping the gun by saying Metallica are back baby?!?! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Agent Steel

If you're refering to first-four-albums Metallica, then no. You'll never be able to say they're back. That new song isn't even on a par with their self-titled release. It stinks of Load/Reload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

If you're refering to first-four-albums Metallica

I wouldnt go that far, but I mean back to writing good material. In my opinion anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

im siding with Agent Steel. just like the new Slayer song from yesterday, *nothing special*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

It's OK - reminded me of 'Ain't My Bitch' off 'Load'. Nothing special though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

lol terrible i actually had to turn it off after the second chorus

did anyone else think that james sounded alot like mustaine when he started singing first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Very Load-ish I think, basically its very MEH in my opinon. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, I wasn't all that impressed either. I think st.anger really poisoned my opinion of all 'tallica music, but we'll see how I feel when they release whatever they release next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

the solo reminds me so much of enter sandman for the first two sections!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

dimerocks wrote:
    the solo reminds me so much of enter sandman for the first two sections!

Yes, apart from the solo, the song sounds like something I was used to hearing at little battle of the bands gigs back when I was 16. Hetfield sounds terrible.

Although it is noticeably better than stuff from the last album, anything would surpass st.anger :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i said this in the other thread, sounds like something from st.anger but with a solo. it's metallica trying to be metallica, rather then trying to be slipknot (i honestly think metallica heard slipknot, saw their sales and said "i'll have some of that tyvm")...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Quite simply its, St. Anger riffs + Load/Reload riffs + terrible singing + WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH........solo + Some type of new **** there trying with wierd harmonies on one riff. Alls I can say is at least their trying, at the behest of some of us pre 90's Met fans.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

a guys common,
    i'm a pessimistic fan but some of you are being ridiculous,
    firstly its far better than anything from st anger, load or reload.
    secondly its a fairly poor recording,
    i'm not expecting an particlarily good album but its fairly big step in the right direction.
    Song itself is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

mayordenis wrote:
    a guys common,
    i'm a pessimistic fan but some of you are being ridiculous,
    firstly its far better than anything from st anger, load or reload.
    secondly its a fairly poor recording,
    i'm not expecting an particlarily good album but its fairly big step in the right direction.
    Song itself is quite good.

To tell the truth alot of st. anger would have been very good had it not been for the very bad desicions made in regards to production, I never said I hated st. anger or load/reload I am merley expressing my point of view that the song is similar in musical style their most recent work.......and the singing is pretty damn bad, but hey like you said its a bad recording so ill hold final judgement till I hear it well produced on their album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

listened to St.Anger form yesterday, only my second time listening to it from start to finish and it confirmed what i thought originally: its sh1te.

Liked a couple of songs of load and Re-load, didnt think they were that bad though not a patch on the previous albums.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dear lord, the singing physically hurts me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

here's some more pain, from the audience :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOfyt62zLsg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Even if it is just St.Anger with solo's, I'll still be looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Its hard to know really, it does seem like an improvement from Stanger but then again that wouldnt be too hard. The vocals are pretty dire though thats usually the case with their live performances, interestingto hear what a studio version sounds like. At least they've realised solos are integral, thank god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Devious wrote:
    The vocals are pretty dire though thats usually the case with their live performances, interestingto hear what a studio version sounds like. At least they've realised solos are integral, thank god!

Too true.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

uuughhh Vocals are muck !!! snare is better though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hmmm...from that last link, i can make out the same snare tones for Lars drums. UH OH! Thats not a good sign. And from that, i dont like it too much. Shall wait for an album version to judge it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

chupacabra wrote:
    To tell the truth alot of st. anger would have been very good had it not been for the very bad desicions made in regards to production, I never said I hated st. anger or load/reload I am merley expressing my point of view that the song is similar in musical style their most recent work.......and the singing is pretty damn bad, but hey like you said its a bad recording so ill hold final judgement till I hear it well produced on their album.
    Yea st. anger wasnt in itself a TERRIBLE album, i mean cmon rerecord the drums(they sound like utter ****e especially the snare) Change the lyrics(invisible kid anyone?) change around some guitar tones(there very not metallica like) and get some proper singing out of hetfield(although this last one were stuck with). Im not saying st anger was in anyway EXELLENt but itd be on par with load or reload easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Whether or not u like metallica's later albums no one can deny they know how to put on a great live show! :)

See ye on sunday!

lets not forget they're in the 40's now with kids n shoite! Cant sing bout leper messiah all their lives! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Even allowing for the live performance the vocals are a bit shaky to say the least.....listen to how the song opens....:o

Thank fook the solos have been brought back tho !

If this wasnt metallica and me wanting to hear the whole song I would have turned it off after a minute !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Jaysus that song goes on for a while all the same...! no doubt it will be changed before album is out. Remember the version of Fuel on cunning stunts? yeah it was shoite but the album version was better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Hopefully they kept the new dodgy new material for the German crowd and they keep the good stuff for us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

That was bland. And terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Patricide wrote:
    Yea st. anger wasnt in itself a TERRIBLE album, i mean cmon rerecord the drums(they sound like utter ****e especially the snare) Change the lyrics(invisible kid anyone?) change around some guitar tones(there very not metallica like) and get some proper singing out of hetfield(although this last one were stuck with).

Yea, and if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

As someone said before, it is very load-like, and I liked load, so I like this new song, Metallica just might manage to keep some self respect.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

The quality of the recording isn't the best. Its hard to make out the lyrics and the vocals sound bad.
    But all in all a studio version might not sound so bad or even on a better recording. Maybe they'll play the song on Sunday and i'll be able to get a better idea of what its like.

Advertisement