Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Metallica music

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ThaMasta

Def. some attempts at some old school riffage after the solo, which I liked.

Didnt care for the rest of it. Tune might not even make it onto the album anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Drumming and the solo were cool. Singing was very lacklustre. I hope he's much more up for it at the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The intro was very old metallica like, then after the stop it sounded very like a sikth song(but not in a good way) and then sucked real bad after that and then there was a solo very reminisant of sandman, still though Any solo is better than none(well mabey not slayer solos) it can only get better though right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

sounds a lot like where st anger left off, but with a good solo in between. singing is crap... maybe it's because it's live + a bootleg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

As a huge tallica fan, the vocals are pure ****. Simple as that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ThaMasta

The vocals mean nothing to me. Its a new song, hes not goin to deliver it like he would one of the classics.

Im more concerned with the type of riffs he writing as an indication of where the album will go..Like I said the part after the solo is old school, the rest is Load era etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I like it, sounds like a several trains, each carrying sounds from a different Metallica era have collided.
    Quality is ****e though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

well I think it sounds **** but im not saying much until I hear the whole album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Wow that was pretty awful.The solo sounds ok and will probably sound better on the album(heres hoping). The overall standard is pretty crap though. With the last album and the downloading issue, im getting to the stage where I dont want to be a fan anymore. They should have quit after S&M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

heard this one before and I have to say i was quite pleased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Mildly promising. Just mildly.

The upcoming album will be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Solos sound great, rest sounds very much llike work in progress. Some of the rhiffs have promise but a lot of it sounds like they are simply experimenting with differet rhiffs to see what it sounds like.

Lyrics? Well, I'll have to listen again but sounds rubbish to me.

I hope this is just experimental and will be a lot shorter when it comes out.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm getting very fed up with waiting on Metallica to produce another good album. Justice was their last good album imo, The Black album had some good tracks but overall was good, not great.

Advertisement