Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Sounds?

Options
  • 07-06-2006 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Will be heading down to Cork in the coming weeks,before the end of the month.I am thinking of picking up an Amp in Munster Sounds while im down there as my local dealer doesnt stock what im looking for here in Galway.
    Just wondering if anyone here has any experience from buying from them and how their service is?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

They were a division of the UK chain Richer Sounds. Perhaps they still are. I found them a little overpriced compared online, but then again, what bricks and mortar store can ever compete with the 'net?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've bought a few bits and pieces from them - no complaints at all.
    Some friends of mine have purchased in there too and they're happy out.

I've not had any warranty or return dealings with them though - everything I've bought still works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

The Amp im after is pretty much the same price as online so its not really the cost.Its the Marantz PM7001 im after but my local dealer here told me he no longer sells them as Marantz have pulled out of Ireland so if anything goes wrong with an item he has no backup.I dont know if this is the truth or if he was just trying to steer me towards some other brand but i wonder is this the case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I thought Richer Sounds in Cork, or Ireland possible, went bust; and Munster Sounds took over?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

that's the last I heard too.. Richer sounds went bust nationally and the shop in Cork survived and changed to Munster Sounds. Not that it's too important here.. I bought some bits from them both when they were richer sounds and munster sounds, never any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Cheers guys i think il take a spin down that way so.Just wondering too if anyone knows do they stock decent speaker stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

as far as i know he is not part of richer sounds. he is out on his own and has been there for a few years. he has always been good for dealing with and you can bargain with him as well, and if you have any trouble with stuff he is good to sort things out. Bought the wrong thing a couple of times, my fault, and he exchanged them no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I bought from them when they were Richer Sounds and when they were Munster Sounds, as far as I can recall, the Australian guy was running the place before and after. Seemed to know what he was talking about, and the customer service was good.

Advertisement