Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John "Earthquake" Tenta passes away

• 07-06-2006 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

From WWE.com

John "Earthquake" Tenta passed away this morning at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids.

Was into him when he did a beatdown on Hogan just when I started watching wrestling,RIP Earthquake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mysterious_2006

Indeed RIP Earthquake , he was a good back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Thats really sad especially with him being only 42 and he'd been battling his illness for so long too.

Heres a link to some of his diary entries as he battled through cancer: http://realwrestlecrap.proboards89.com/index.cgi?board=tenta&action=display&thread=1132420983

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's very sad to see someone die that young. I know he put up a brave battle against the cancer.

I imagine WWE will pay tribute to him tonight on the WWE/ECW show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, that's sad. I'd been checkin out his board on the Wrestlecrap forums a good bit, he sounded like a very nice person. I think about a year ago it was really looking up for him, but then I think he said the cancer had spread

I liked him best as Golga, I really liked the Oddities. Just thinkin, didn't Foley say that during his anti-hardcore angle in ECW he wore a t-shirt with Tenta and some others on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

RIP Quake. Tugboat/Typhoon & Earthquake - What a tagteam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

read about this yesterday....he was one of my favourites back in the guy
    anyway rip to him...thanks for the memories earthquake....:(
    the good die young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

good old earthquake from the natural distasters, god bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Never a big fan of him as a wrestler, but I never seen much of him anyway. The only match of his I remember was the squash match he had with Adam Bomb at Wrestlemania 10. But from what I read about him and from reading different things that he wrote he seemed like a nice lad. Was always hard and sad reading his stories about his battle with cancer on wrestlecrap.com.

RIP John Tenta.

Advertisement