Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Irish essay predictions

• 07-06-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

:eek: I'm fooked 100% if summat on the Irish language doesn't come up :eek: Please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I'm hoping something about the life of young people blady blah, or at least a word or sean fhocail i could adjust 1 of my short stories around :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

if something to do with young people come up i'd be sorted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i just want to understand the title tbh, take it from there. :rolleyes:

dont understand the question and your fluched :D simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Better be either an timpeallacht or something to do with social problems or drugs and alcohol. Loads pf people are predicting Irish today/in the media, but surely that would sort of clash with the stair Gaeilge sa Mean Cumarsaide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I don't care. I can write about anything really. Juts keep the sentences short and simple and you can't go wrong. Make sure you look at the Alt and diospoireacht. They are just the same as the essay. you only need a line of a debate intro and the diospoirect is just 2 more aiste!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

smemon wrote:
    i just want to understand the title tbh, take it from there. :rolleyes:

dont understand the question and your fluched :D simple as that.

my thoughts exactly :D

can anyone answer me this,
    how do you say, "living"
    not "i am living in the town --> tá mé i mo chónaí sa bhaile mór"

but more "i am living a terrible life --> táim ag ??? saol uafásach..

and,

is léir - its clear
    ?? - its not clear
    ní léir? níl sé léir?

probably a simple question.. i just couldnt work it out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

My teacher was predicting essays on something to do with ireland - i.e drug problems/high prices here etc. She also said to make sure to prepare stuff on status of irish today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm doing the scéal, i just hope there's a title I can understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I am supremely ****ed for this essay thing. I have nothing even remotely studied, and I've written maybe three proper essays ever, none of which have ever been good. And I can't bring myself to go upstairs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

Rockerette wrote:
    can anyone answer me this,
    how do you say, "living"
    not "i am living in the town --> tá mé i mo chónaí sa bhaile mór"

but more "i am living a terrible life --> táim ag ??? saol uafásach..

and,

is léir - its clear
    ?? - its not clear
    ní léir? níl sé léir?

probably a simple question.. i just couldnt work it out :rolleyes:

well you could say, "tá saol uafásach agam" - i have a terrible life. sometimes you can just change it around a bit but retain the general meaning. also, "níl sé soiléir" - it's unclear (not clear)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

I should be fine if something comes up to do with the problems of Ireland(drus, health service, violence etc), the enviroment or else the problems of the world (terrorism and racism etc).

If none of those three come up then the truckloads of work I have put into honours Irish will go down the drain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

living... ag maraichtail (sp?)

yep i need something on social problems or racism maybe the irish language to come up but i havent really learned anything off. just hoping to go in, undertand the question and maybe scrape a b by bluffing through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Azureus wrote:

but i havent really learned anything off. just hoping to go in, undertand the question and maybe scrape a b by bluffing through.

My thoughts exactly:D Hoping my 13 years doing irish (OMG 13 OUT OF 17!!!!) and the fact that my parents are irish teachers will help.....

The ability to be ag caint as gaelige is genetic, innit????:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Those essays were brilliant, all were really broad and easy to answer. Hopefully I got an A in that paper..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

They really didn't suit me.
    Did the one where you had to write an article ABOUT an interview you had with a famous TV personality re their views on irish.
    What the f*ck was that about? One of the few I understood, but an article about an interview?
    I started writing an interview, 1/4 way through switched to quoting bits of an interview and writing commentary in very poor Irish, and only did three pages. Not a happy bunny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

yeah thats what its always like, write an article based on the interview

i did the same one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I did a scéal! Saw 'díoma' and was absolutly thrilled! Really lucky for that to have come up for me because out of the about 5 scéals I had prepared that was 1 of them! Delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i did the old and new in ireland!! omg i just LOVED that paper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Those essay choices were ****E! I ended up doing the one about the Irish language as it was the only one I'd prepared for it, despite it being an Alt. Made a bit of a mess as I didn't fully understand, hope it's ok :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I did dioma as well, but I wasn't sure it meant dissappointment. So I did a spare essay, the old and new one

• Advertisement
Advertisement