Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is a 2.5 page essay long enough..and a 1.5 bishop essay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

What about Longley. first it was a letter to him. then you had to concentrate on his themes. bit awkward...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Particle-Boy

Yeah. It's definitely quality and NOT quantity. Although.. I don't see how one could fit enough into a bishop essay of 2.5 pages... Sure. Best of luck anyways.
    Besides I did a personal essay on Paper 1 of 8 pages and my teacher said that unless it is REALLY good that I will get marked down for the length. So I guess shorter is better in some ways!! Although in fairness I think that essay was the best one that I have ever written... So here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

whassupp2 wrote:
    What about Longley. first it was a letter to him. then you had to concentrate on his themes. bit awkward...
    Discussing themes is basically what I do in essays anyway, and the letter wasn;t too bad if you were writing your essay on the day instead of regurgiating it. I did the themes of Nature, his father and sectarian violence.

Particle Boy: Tbh I'd say you'd only get marked down if it's a bad essay that the examiner gets pissed off with reading after 2 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

smemon wrote:
    i disagree, 2.5 pages is not honours standard, its ok if you want a pass though.

3.5 pages min if you want an A, preferably 4 or above. 6 plus is just taking the piss and will bore the examiner unless it's world class which it won't be unless your a genius.

I wrote 5 pages for the essay and 2.5 for the poet(Thomas Hardy), 3 for King Lear and 4 for the comparitive. had a full hour left after paper 2 but was in till the end in paper one.:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

sticky9cd wrote:
    I wrote 5 pages for the essay and 2.5 for the poet(Thomas Hardy), 3 for King Lear and 4 for the comparitive. had a full hour left after paper 2 but was in till the end in paper one.:D :D
    Its words not pages that matter,how many words on average do you get a line?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

smemon wrote:
    i disagree, 2.5 pages is not honours standard, its ok if you want a pass though.

3.5 pages min if you want an A, preferably 4 or above. 6 plus is just taking the piss and will bore the examiner unless it's world class which it won't be unless your a genius.

Bull****! I wrote 6 and a half for my Bishop essay and 5 and a half for comparative studies and my teacher told me that that's perfect!
    I agree quality is more important than quantity, but you can't make a generalisation like that about writing a lot!

Advertisement