Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So this pass Irish thing...

Options
  • 07-06-2006 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Two qestions:Whats on paper 1 and 2?

What are the three poems and stories most likely to come up in paper two?

*Proud 'student' that went to a grand total of 3 pass Irish classes all year*:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I'm taking the pass paper tomorrow, and would also like to know what's on the papers. can I pass with a decent oral, tape and paper 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

JoseJones wrote:
    I'm taking the pass paper tomorrow, and would also like to know what's on the papers. can I pass with a decent oral, tape and paper 1?

Yep! Paper 2 is only worth about 15%, iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I don't think I'll even sit the f**kin' things since I don't need them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Right.So whats on paper 1 again?

I need a pretty quick answer,this is cutting into my TV/Hurling time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JohnPH

There is two comprehensions which are piss
    Then you have to answer two questions, from a choice of a letter, comhra, personal essay or scéal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

So I'm going to have to do both a letter and a conversation?

Yea... unless your doin sceal or personal essay..personally i find that one easy if ur stuck..its easy to bs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

So comprehension questions, and say a sceal and a letter is all thats on paper one? (all that you have to do anyway)

PS: anyone know any good sites giving sample sceals? i have a letter prepared already.

Yea, thats all you have to do!! Paper 2 is even shorter

Don't know any sites though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

JohnPH wrote:
    Yea, thats all you have to do!! Paper 2 is even shorter

Don't know any sites though...

Whats the max percent you can get outta paper1? and the other papers if anyone knows? (aural and paper2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Not sure. Honours oral is 18% pass will be simple. That's were you have to pick up the marks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

cant wait for irish. i havent been to a class since february sometime me and the teacher didnt see eye to eye mostly because she is a f*cking idiot.

did well in the pre and got quality notes for pros and poetry. the tape is handy for marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I'm doing

The sceal and the Letter

If I have time left over [which I will] I'll do the short essay.
    It's such an easy exam

Have startings and endings prepared for both the letter and story and make sure you add in a few sentences about the weather to boost your marks in each case.

They're actually looking for more irish rather than relevence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Paper 2 is 18%, please don't be stupid enough not to go to it, it's easy to get marks. Even if you can't do the questions just summarise the poem or story with very simple Irish required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

My attitude: DOE can stick my results up their...

You could end-up going to Trinity like me... though :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Don't leave out paper two whatever ye do. That's so stupid. I'd say even if you wrote down one sentence for each question with some random quote you'd come of with at least 35 marks out of 110.

It's simple - just learn the mothuchan for each poems and the themes for the stories and make sure you put in quotes which are RIGHT INFRONT of you for the poetry.

Advertisement