Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cisse breaks leg....

• 07-06-2006 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Ahhhh 4 freaks sake!!!.....

Were minutes away from flogging him and he goes and breaks his leg (albeit suspected!!). He has effectively reduced his capacity by 30% after this leg break.... perhaps only 20% if it's his shooting leg??.... oh the drama.... the drama of it all!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Serious? I cant find a source for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Any sources for this?

And if it is true, should we not be more worried for the player? He has only recently recovered from a serious leg break and this will be a huge disappointment to him, and coming so close to the world cup as well. It effectivly ends Liverpools chances of selling him this summer as well imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I just saw it there, I'm watching the match, It's not confirmed that it's a break, although they may have said it in french, not sure i only barely understand it, but it was really horrible to look at so :/

It will mean another year out for him, but with a second break it might even end his career.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

France are playing a friendly at the moment, so it could well be true. Haven't seen anything on any of the news sites yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

PHB wrote:
    I just saw it there, I'm watching the match, It's not confirmed that it's a break, although they may have said it in french, not sure i only barely understand it, but it was really horrible to look at so :/

It will mean another year out for him, but with a second break it might even end his career.

at least if his career is ended pool might get insurance cash. then he can go sit on his arse in marseille as long as he likes

• Advertisement

While I think its a joke that he is playing premirship football I would not wish this on anyone never mind someone who had recovered from a break previously. I hope he makes a speedy recovering and it does not wreck his future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Been mentioned a couple of times on sky sports news. Either way I'm guessing his transfer will be off (although with L'OM leading the chase, I'm guessing it would be a loan deal). If its the same leg I agree it might be a career ender??....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Have heard it's above the ankle on his right leg. Dreadful looking on telly, same as before against Blackburn pretty tame tackle and his leg just went

damienom wrote:
    Have heard it's above the ankle on his right leg. Dreadful looking on telly, same as before against Blackburn pretty tame tackle and his leg just went

What channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

What channel?
    Its on Eurosport.

It looked pretty bad to me,i think it was the same leg as last time.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cant help but feel sorry for the guy, so close to the world cup. Didnt see the incident. What happened???

Aside from that, France are looking good. Switched on at about 15 mins. Good incisive football being played by the French, though it must be noted, the Chinese are offering very little, apart from putting lots of players behind the ball.

Its 1-0 HT, with a tap in from Trezeguet, who came on for Cisse. I expect France to win this by about 3-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

theres just no getting rid of the fella

Unreal. A fella is missing out on his first world cup, 2 days before it starts, with a nasty injury, and some people only care about FúCKING Liverpool. Absolutely pathetic:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats a fekcing disaster for him and Liverpool bean counters.

Mike.

gimmick wrote:
    Unreal. A fella is missing out on his first world cup, 2 days before it starts, with a nasty injury, and some people only care about FúCKING Liverpool. Absolutely pathetic:rolleyes:

he's done nothing but whine and cry since the end of the season, planning his move away, sympathy from liverpool fans wont really be at a premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

gimmick wrote:

well he is a liverpool player.. I can see the connection people are making albeit a factual and relevant one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

As much as I dislike him as a player, you cannot help but feel for him now. His career looks under serious threat after a second serious break and even if he does return (after at least a year) the break will have taken away the one gambit he possesses, his pace.

Hope it's not as bad as feared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

el rabitos wrote:
    he's done nothing but whine and cry since the end of the season, planning his move away, sympathy from liverpool fans wont really be at a premium

Some of the comments are in very poor taste. The guy could have just ended his career.

The Muppet wrote:
    Some of the comments are in very poor taste.

Second that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well i wish him a quick recovery, he bounced back well last time. lets hope it's not career threatening. but this also throws rafas plans into turmoil...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

poor bastard. Even if it heals, I'd imagine he wouldn't want to go back playing soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Ah no I feel sorry for him. But I read that he said he likes Liverpool and the people and the fans etc and that his only problem is he doesn't like the manager. As soon as I read that I thought: he has to go.

And now he's just a problem... poor chap though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

just thinking there, who are France going to call up to replace him? Guly effectively told the coach to f off when he said he was going off kayaking in Australia. Could we see Le Sulk at the world cup?!!

el rabitos wrote:
    well he is a liverpool player.. I can see the connection people are making albeit a factual and relevant one

Well Liverpool 'fans' should support their player, as well as their team. A bit of compassion for a player who has helped Liverpool plenty since his return from injury, a great return from injury I might add. For this to happen him again is terrible, and must be soul destroying for him.

No respect whatsoever for the whingers here.
    The Muppet wrote:
    Some of the comments are in very poor taste. The guy could have just ended his career.

Here here, or is it hear hear? One way or other you see my point

France won 3-1 btw. 2 late late goals. One comedy og, and a nice goal from Henry. This Ribery fella looks the job. Wonder will he start on tuesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Hahaha you have to hand it to him though, an extreme measure to stay on the tasty anfield wages.

Not a fan of him, but he doesn't deserve this, get well soon djerbil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Could work out alright for liverpool if his career is ended through insurance??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

to be fair rabitos, i'm a liverpool fan and i think your comments are well off colour

eyerer wrote:
    to be fair rabitos, i'm a liverpool fan and i think your comments are well off colour

i just think he bit the hand that fed him last week with his public comments about rafa, and i lost the little bit of respect i had left for him.

horrible thing to happen to him, yeah, but i'd have alot more sympathy for him if he conducted himself with alot more class than he did

eyerer wrote:

Apart from being a Pool fan, anyone who has ever played football and gone down with an injury like this or watched as another went down like this will appreciate the severity of this. A lack of sympathy for a player who potentially could have ended his career seems way out of place on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

well besides his recent comments, which to be fair weren't that awful, he's been an alright bloke and i wish him luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Has to have the worst of luck.. Hope he gets better soon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You're coming back as a dung beetle in the next life for those comments, rabitos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That really sucks. Not only for it to happen to someone, but for it to happen someone who has only just recovered from a career threatening injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gimmick wrote:

Well if France are willing to pay him whatever inflated wage he's on every week then he can be their problem, but until he leaves thats all he is to Liverpool.Plus now he gets another 6 months of free money. At a club that are trying to establish themselves in the top couple of clubs in england and could have used the £8m. Dotn get me wrong, I dont like seeing this type of thing happen to a footballer, but it's such a kick in the teeth that it happened to him because he's such a moaney git that we're better shot of.

vorbis wrote:
    poor bastard. Even if it heals, I'd imagine he wouldn't want to go back playing soccer.

Of course he will, he's got 40,000 (or whatever amount he's on) reasons a week to go back. I'd go on in leg braces for £40,000 a week.
    gimmick wrote:
    Well Liverpool 'fans' should support their player,

Why? The player in question isn't showing any loyalty to the club. All he can talk about is leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Wow.

Earlier today he was confirmed as being the first choice striker alongside Henry for his first world cup against all the odds. His transfer back to France where he might play some football is about to go through. Everything is looking great for the guy.

And he breaks his leg?

Poor, unlucky bástard. :(

here's a link for the image decided to link it as opposed to using the tags some may not want to see it, its horrible, get well soon djib, there are some supporters(supporters? the clue is in the name) who support the playershttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/mayordenis/djibpic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The ones that dont involve contact from another player always seem to end worse. Players get up and walk away from shin high flying tackles, yet you see players running along and their legs just seem to break, crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

His career at Anfield has been stop-start to say the least and I wish him good luck in his recovery.

He was actually having a few decent games for 'Pool towards the end of the season and let's not forget his FA Cup goal.

you have to think he's either freakishly unlucky or there is some sort of lack of bone integrity.

you have to think he's either freakishly unlucky or there is some sort of lack of bone integrity.

Some players just tend to be very unlucky. Michael Bridges springs to mind. He went from playing in Europe for Leeds to playing for Carlisle (I think that's who he is playing for now).

i know but i could be completely wrong but wasnt that quite a few injuries coupled with bad form? while cisse had 2 unprovoked leg snaps, the kind of snap from having overly strong bones than have absolutely no give and instead of being able to take a little bit of tension just brake,
    the same way if you got a femur bone thick piece of concrete and stood on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Watching a World Cup program on ITV last night - could have sworn Steve Ryder introduced this news story something like "former Liverpool player....".

Anyways - I was really hoping Cisse had a good world cup, he often gets the goals for France and hasn't been having too great a time for Liverpool lately - I think he was bursting to show people that he's good when given a chance (funny? that the injury happened on the right wing).

i know but i could be completely wrong but wasnt that quite a few injuries coupled with bad form? while cisse had 2 unprovoked leg snaps, the kind of snap from having overly strong bones than have absolutely no give and instead of being able to take a little bit of tension just brake,
    the same way if you got a femur bone thick piece of concrete and stood on it.

Bridges was in fine form until all the injuries. Like Matt Jansen at Blackburn, he just couldn't be the player he was before his injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Always said he was a headless chicken, was just talkin to someone about him yesterday and they agreed, only thing he had was his pace and that will be gone now. Seems to me he can run without falling over and breaking something. Whats the bets Rafa is hoping this will end his career because they will get close to 20million on insurance which is alot more than any club with a brain would pay for him, still surprised France would choose him as a starter but the french coach seems to be a bit stupid anyway. They have a better chance of winning WC now.

Anyway I always feel sorry when I see this happen to any player and I hope he gets better but it seems strange he is always breaking legs. Maybe something for medical team to look into, its strange that one player would have 2 breaks so bad in such a short period from just running?

One good thing to come out of this, he has more time to work on his stupid hair cuts and trying to get more sets of boots for when he returns:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

i know but i could be completely wrong but wasnt that quite a few injuries coupled with bad form?

Bad form? he was more or less in the England squad and was one of the top strikers in the PL at the moment he got his bad inury. Was a shame cause a great player

Think he is playing for Carlisle now, was a interview done with him earlier this season on BBC or sky, can't remember. Was the best player in division and a number of clubs where looking at buying him, the main one is Sunderland wanting to take him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If there is a silver lining, at least his last injury was a clean break and this isn't a recurrance of that injury again. Hopefully this will be a clean break as well and there won't be any complications in recovery.

Ps:
    here's a link for the image decided to link it as opposed to using the tags some may not want to see it, its horrible, get well soon djib, there are some supporters(supporters? the clue is in the name) who support the playershttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/mayordenis/djibpic.jpg

That was unpleasant :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement