Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cisse breaks leg....

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to say Poor chap is getting alot of stick off supporters!! I thought he could become a great player, he is only young and has a lot to learn!! But its bad news for him now!! Its a pity such an injury happened to him and I hope he returns a better player from it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Wow.

Earlier today he was confirmed as being the first choice striker alongside Henry for his first world cup against all the odds.
    He was top scorer with 4 goals in the qualifiers, was looking forward to watching him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

zabbo wrote:
    was looking forward to watching him

Serious? he is useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

A bad blow for the guy. I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Its also bad news for liverpool as they could have got a few quid for him if he had played in the world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Big Nelly wrote:
    Serious? he is useless!
    Objection your honour, conjecture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i know but i could be completely wrong but wasnt that quite a few injuries coupled with bad form? while cisse had 2 unprovoked leg snaps, the kind of snap from having overly strong bones than have absolutely no give and instead of being able to take a little bit of tension just brake,
    the same way if you got a femur bone thick piece of concrete and stood on it.

must be the opposite of shaun WP so. cant remember what match it was, but had to be fa cup cos it was on bbc. SWP got tackled, studs up, straight into the shin, and his leg bent back.Ian Wright was in the studio and just goes, "it's ok, he'll be fine, he's bendy" and sure enough up he got and was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

gimmick wrote:
    Unreal. A fella is missing out on his first world cup, 2 days before it starts, with a nasty injury, and some people only care about FúCKING Liverpool. Absolutely pathetic:rolleyes:

second world cup actually, he missed the last one thanks to a 5 match ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Big Nelly wrote:
    Serious? he is useless!
    I was looking forward to watching him too. He actually plays well for France :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

its a pretty poor show from some on this thread,the man got seriously injured

• Advertisement

Nuttzz wrote:
    second world cup actually, he missed the last one thanks to a 5 match ban.

Missed the Euro's and not the WC, wasn't on the sceane at the last World Cup.
    Objection your honour, conjecture!

Why an objection? he has been useless for Liverpool since they wasted 14mil on him.

Big Nelly wrote:
    Why an objection? he has been useless for Liverpool since they wasted 14mil on him.
    That again is conjecture I'm afraid. Also, how does he generally play for France?

p.pete wrote:
    That again is conjecture I'm afraid. Also, how does he generally play for France?

Watch him twice(not counting Ireland games), again the phrase headless chicken comes to mind

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

here's a link for the image decided to link it as opposed to using the tags some may not want to see it, its horrible, get well soon djib, there are some supporters(supporters? the clue is in the name) who support the playershttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/mayordenis/djibpic.jpg

Thanks for the link awlful sight all the same.

Oh bye the way welcome back to the football forum Futuredeath (aka...Mayordenis)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

He's definately played a hell of a lot better than trezeguet for France, deserved his place IMO. Cissé plus Henry make for a very very fast frontline plus he's been scoring for them and thats something you can't argue with. He'd been playing alright for Liverpool too recently. So lay off the guy.

People complaining about lack of loyalty? Whilst i agree it was stupid to attack Rafa but how are you meant to act when the manager doesn't want you, never did and never will? At least he's honest about it, I've no doubt that he loves the club but he knows he has to go and is thus trying to do so as quickly as possible. You think he didn't know he was going to be sold anyway?

Anyway, thats all fúcked now regardless! Any idea when the details of the break'll be revealed?

Big Nelly wrote:
    Watch him twice(not counting Ireland games), again the phrase headless chicken comes to mind
    And again conjecture, but you're entitled to that. Have you ever looked at his stats for Liverpool and offset them with the fact that he gets played out of position normally (which could concievably end up with most people appearing as a "headless chicken" as you like to put it)

• Advertisement

p.pete wrote:
    And again conjecture, but you're entitled to that. Have you ever looked at his stats for Liverpool and offset them with the fact that he gets played out of position normally (which could concievably end up with most people appearing as a "headless chicken" as you like to put it)

Yeah sorry he is great:p should be held up there with Ronny and Rooney:p

If you just want to post and disagree with anything I say then by all means go ahead and be childish, Cisse is brutal and this has been mentioned about a thousand times on the Liverpool thread and how everyone wants to sell him and would take 8million no problem if any clubs bid it for him because he aint worth 8 million. Sure Rafa rates him so highly as well?? oh yeah forgot from the day he took over at Liverpool he has tried to push him out of the club

p.pete if your just going around posting crap because I posted on the subject get over yourself. If I had the time to go thru the Liverpool thread I bet you have posted you want to see him go from Liverpool. If you want to be a bitter little child go annoy someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You've got to rate him on his national team performances, and he was top scorer with 4, and didnt play all the games. Englands top scorer was Fwank Lampard with 5.

He was gonna start up top for France no question about it, and suited there play far more than Liverpool

Big Nelly wrote:
    Yeah sorry he is great:p should be held up there with Ronny and Rooney:p

If you just want to post and disagree with anything I say then by all means go ahead and be childish, Cisse is brutal and this has been mentioned about a thousand times on the Liverpool thread and how everyone wants to sell him and would take 8million no problem if any clubs bid it for him because he aint worth 8 million. Sure Rafa rates him so highly as well?? oh yeah forgot from the day he took over at Liverpool he has tried to push him out of the club

p.pete if your just going around posting crap because I posted on the subject get over yourself. If I had the time to go thru the Liverpool thread I bet you have posted you want to see him go from Liverpool. If you want to be a bitter little child go annoy someone else.
    Excuse me? quite the tirade.

Won't take you too long if you look - quite recently I believe I posted that I'd be happy with 6 million. I believe him to be a good player however - young, fast and in the right system / with the right manager he'll get a hell of a lot of goals.

You're right, Rafa doesn't seem to like him but that's his call as manager - before the injury there was plenty of managers in France, who are likely to know a lot more about the player then me or you, lineing up to sign him.

I still stand by your last couple of posts being conjecture with little merit.

p.pete wrote:
    Excuse me? quite the tirade.

Won't take you too long if you look - quite recently I believe I posted that I'd be happy with 6 million. I believe him to be a good player however - young, fast and in the right system / with the right manager he'll get a hell of a lot of goals.

You're right, Rafa doesn't seem to like him but that's his call as manager - before the injury there was plenty of managers in France, who are likely to know a lot more about the player then me or you, lineing up to sign him.

I still stand by your last couple of posts being conjecture with little merit.

Yeah all the manager where lining up, Houllier wanted to waste another 8 million on a player he had already paided 14 million on with Liverpool, if in doubt about this go to the Liverpool thread to see what your fellow Liverpool supporters say, Marseille said they where interested and then straight away said they wouldnt get involved in a bidding war, so in other words they wanted to pay f**k all for him and if Lyon made a decent bid for Cisse they could have him.

So if I can see he is useless, the majority of Liverpool fans think he is useless, the LIVERPOOL manager thinks he is useless then of course we are all wrong and your right:rolleyes:

Even you have said if you get 6million for him you will be happy, so why are you defending this "great" player? if he is soo good would you not want him to stay at Liverpool? No you dont because you know as well he is useless and plays like a headless chicken. If your just posting to disagree with me then fire ahead, just remember everyone else here can read your posts!!

Big Nelly wrote:
    Yeah all the manager where lining up, Houllier wanted to waste another 8 million on a player he had already paided 14 million on with Liverpool, if in doubt about this go to the Liverpool thread to see what your fellow Liverpool supporters say, Marseille said they where interested and then straight away said they wouldnt get involved in a bidding war, so in other words they wanted to pay f**k all for him and if Lyon made a decent bid for Cisse they could have him.
    I've been reading the thread from the start - your conjecture seems to be more severe then most peoples opinions. It's fair enough that clubs don't want to be in a bidding war, few do. Fact is they're talking about the player.
    Big Nelly wrote:
    So if I can see he is useless, the majority of Liverpool fans think he is useless, the LIVERPOOL manager thinks he is useless then of course we are all wrong and your right
    Your own opinion aside, you've just put words in a lot of peoples mouths, generally people are capable of speaking for themselves and I've seen very few rational opinions describing him with the word "useless" and mean it. As has been said lots of times there's merits to his game but definitely not a finished article.
    Big Nelly wrote:
    Even you have said if you get 6million for him you will be happy, so why are you defending this "great" player? if he is soo good would you not want him to stay at Liverpool? No you dont because you know as well he is useless and plays like a headless chicken. If your just posting to disagree with me then fire ahead, just remember everyone else here can read your posts!!
    Am I defending him? I've asked you to look at the players stats and consider he's being played out of position by a manager who isn't in favour of him. The rest of that paragraph accuses me of things I don't think I've ever said or believed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So it's confirmed.

I firmly believe something is up with France and getting injuries to players, but talk about heart break, getting in ahead of Saha and Trez despite both having better seasons and going to your first world cup, that'd just ****ing horrid.

Big Nelly wrote:
    if in doubt about this go to the Liverpool thread to see what your fellow Liverpool supporters say...

So if I can see he is useless, the majority of Liverpool fans think he is useless, the LIVERPOOL manager thinks he is useless then of course we are all wrong and your right:rolleyes:
    I had a quick look for you - that thread is open for quite some time (over 3,000 posts) and the word useless appears in 25 posts. Three of those posts belong to you so that's 22 times if we ignore you (obviously I'm not, don't take that pesonally, I'm paying you lots of attention by replying here).

El Rabitos clearly thinks he's useless and has said so on at least 3 occassions. That aside, in 3,000+ posts the word useless appears very seldom and the other usages of the word in the last year were not related to Cisse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Will someone just pawn Big Nelly again and we can see him disappear from another thread (would that be the third this week?) as unfortunately I don't have time.

And by the way Big Nelly, for someone who insists on pointing out others spelling mistakes, yours is shocking.

As regards Cisse, it's a heartbreaker for him. Wish him a speedy recovery. It's a pity because this could have given him the chance to earn more options for himself bar a trip back to France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Terrible bad luck for Djib, it really was another horrific injury. Hope he recovers fully and as soon as possible.

Here's another picture, it's pretty nasty (from the front this time):

cisse.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

21 goals in all competitions this season, not a bad return that for a Useless striker. Absolute heartbreaker, particularly as he was going to be starting.

Wish him well in his recovery, I hope this is not the end of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

How unlucky can the guy be? First the left and now an identical fracture to the right!
    He done well to get back so soon after the first break but I can't see it being so easy this time.
    I hope he does recover as he is only 24 and could have had many years left playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Absolutely gutted for Cisse. Been a difficult season for him and he's showed nowhere near his best, but looked to be getting a dream move away to the club he always wanted to play for. So sorry for him, wish him a speedy recovery.

P.S.
    Big Nelly if you really honestly think Cisse is useless and would be a bad buy for a French club maybe you should go back and check his goal tallies in his last stint there for Auxerre. He may not have proved his value in England, but he sure as shít has proved his quality in the French leage. Guarantee any French club would be delighted to have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Big Nelly : Cisse scored 20+ goals this season even though he was played out of position for the majority of it and wasn't even an automatic first choice. For France, he'd scored 6 goals in 12 games before last night which is quite a good ratio for international football. Some of those goals were crucial in their qualifying campaign (the one against the Swiss comes to mind). He generally plays very well for France as he is played in position by a manager who has faith in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

p.pete wrote:
    El Rabitos clearly thinks he's useless and has said so on at least 3 occassions. That aside, in 3,000+ posts the word useless appears very seldom and the other usages of the word in the last year were not related to Cisse.

dont get me wrong, he has qualitys that would be of benifit to any squad, but when you pay 14 million for a striker, your need him to be able to put away the chances he was getting. it just got to a point where his contibutions were outweighed by the amount of money that could be recouped on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Cisse causes so much controversy on this forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Djibs is a great lad, always comes accross very well in interviews talking about his love for the club and the city and how he wanted to do well. He was also very popular within the squad. But in a football sense, he was wasting his time at Liverpool. Cisses footballing ability ie Passing, control, reading of the game appears shockingly bad for a French international. Rafa gave him his chances but its clear he cant do a job for us.
    Its a terrible stroke of luck for him and Im sure most Pool fans wish him a speedy and full recovery. Interesting to see how we will accomodate him next season.

He got a few of those goals in the cl qualifiers.

Any striker that is pretty much guarenteed NOT to score when one on one with the keeper is not a good one. If he has any time whatsoever to think about what he is doing, he arses it up, again, not a sign of a good player. When playing on the wing he lacks any idea of common sense. The only thing he does is flick it to the right,run and hammer the ball in the vague direction of the goal. When that stops working (usually on the 2nd try) he just keeps persistign and getting nowhere. Cmplete waste of having a player out there.

DaBreno wrote:
    Interesting to see how we will accomodate him next season.

i'd imagine the hope is to have him back before xmas, give him a run, and sell him in january for at least 5 million i'd imagine. all subject to how/if he recovers and how he plays if he does.

mentally i'd be suprised if he could play again without the fear of another break in the back of his mind, i know it would be in my head anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

yeah, how can they offload him with a broken leg? He'll be stuck in the reserves next season or on the bench again, especially after giving out about Benitez!

el rabitos wrote:
    mentally i'd be suprised if he could play again without the fear of another break in the back of his mind, i know it would be in my head anyway.

I suppose it depends on the player. Stephen Warnock broke both his legs last year iirc and one of his first games this season V Utd he was divign into tackles without a bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Just a couple of points.

It was a horrible injury, but why do some people think he will be out for a year and will have lost his pace when he comes back?

It seems to have been a clean break so he should be back well before Christmas and why would it affect his pace? He came back with his pace intact after the last break

Have to agree with Nunu there, if he kept his pace after the last break which was nothing short of horrific, then he has every chance of doing the same this time. Also Rafa has said he'll be out till about october or november so a year is a bit of an overstatement. We've already seen he's a good healer with his remarkable comeback last season so hopfully early october is possible, if unlikely.

didnt he break it in 2 places last time? :eek:

• Advertisement

yup, last time was a double. this one seems a lot cleaner, though still horrendous, but at least its not as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Stekelly wrote:
    I suppose it depends on the player. Stephen Warnock broke both his legs last year iirc and one of his first games this season V Utd he was divign into tackles without a bother.

haha, wasnt excactly last year. He has broken his leg twice. Both happened when he was a good few years ago. One happened before he had signed a professional contract so he would of been 16 or so.

A you say it does depend on the player. I can see alan smith diving into tackles and giving it socks just like he did. Cisse is a different player.

Last year when he was back from injury you could see he was a bit timid to go into tackles, which is understandable.

I dont think his pace will be affected hugely. Its mainly muscle damage that will do that.

Advertisement