Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing Debate as gaeilge???

Options
  • 07-06-2006 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hey hey...anyone in honours irish

Any idea what topics might come up?

-Me thinks Slád ar na boithre

.......which sucks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I'm hoping something on like 'teenagers have a easy/difficult life' will come up for the essay or debate.

I never learned anything about deaths on the roads, I have a little bit of vocab but I cant write my own essays to save my life!

I'm mostly counting on writing a scéal, so hopefully I'll undertstand the word or the seanfhocail that comes up.

I will be very lucky if what i want comes up, so I'm more than likely fluckered tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Not the only one.......

I hope Drugaí comes up..........or Foreigean........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i LOVE debates!! something to do with young people would be cool...just shove in some drugs, alcohol, violence agus sin é!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

When doin a debate, my teacher alwats says that:
    The problems are Drink, drugs and lack of education
    The solutions are: more education, more investment in rehab, more investment in youth facilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Anybody doing honours beware of the scale. My teacher corrects every year and says that the maximum anydody ever gets with a sceal is a D1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

NADA wrote:
    Anybody doing honours beware of the scale. My teacher corrects every year and says that the maximum anydody ever gets with a sceal is a D1

Thanks for that lovely boost of confidence

deisedolly wrote:
    Thanks for that lovely boost of confidence

Sorry. Have you had much practice at a sceal? I'm not messing though. My teacher is really good. He knows the irish exam inside out from correcting it. I wouldn't tell you just to piss you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

NADA wrote:
    I don't understand why that is because 80 marks go for your irish so how is it any different from an essay.

Btw what is the scale? Is it 1:2 or 1:5? :p

Yeah I have often wondered that. You can ignore me if you want. But i trust they guy who told me. He wouldn't mess with you like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

blahhh wrote:

-Me thinks Slád ar na boithre

.......which sucks

Dont think so......too controversial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Just because something is controversial does not mean it will not come up!

Advertisement