Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pre world cup friendlies and discussion thread

Options
  • 07-06-2006 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭

Since the draw should be done tonight(thanks Lemlin) so I thought we should have a thread to organise some friendlies against each other , aswell as to discuss the lead up to the:Irishgamer.ie Pro Evo World Cup Tournament.

I'm hoping for Mexico or Japan from the lower seed and any of France , Spain , England , Italy , Brazil from the higher would be great .

reminder of the seeding:
    Seed 1:
    Brazil
    England
    Italy
    Holland
    Spain
    France
    Argentina
    Portugal
    Germany
    Sweden
    South Korea
    Austrailia
    Czech Republic
    Ivory coast

seed 2:
    Saudi Arabia
    Tunisia
    Mexico
    Ukraine
    Switzerland
    Croatia
    Japan
    Costa Rica
    Ecuador
    Paraguay
    Serbia & Monetenegro
    Iran
    USA
    Poland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh cool, anyone up for a friendly tonight? against me as croatia or holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Ya il play you , I'm South Korea and Paraguay . Around 9:00 okay for you ?

yeh perfect

anyone for a friendly now?

sorry heggie I was playing some real life football and was delayed a bit . So I was only on from 9:30 , my apologies .

I had a few games with Johnny_the_fox and here's how they went .

Paraguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia(10 mins) , should have taken more of my chances in the first half but ultimatly didn't . Johnny didn't have a shot in the first half .
    Second half he was hosting and his connection was dreadful(turns out it was 1 red arrow) , it was mostly a rearguard action from me because of this . He had 5 shots in the second half(just incase ye're thinking I was just making excuses about the connection) and he definetly got the better of the second half .

South Korea 0-0 Argentina (10 mins)
    similiar story with me no taking my chances except this time I don't score at all(16 shots all game , 7 on target) , hit the woodwork . Johnny was a good bit better than he was with Saudi Arabia (put in a lot more crosses) , he forced the keeper into a good double save but other than that didn't create any concreate chances in the half he was hosting .

Paraguay 3-0 Saudi Arabia (5mins)
    amazingly I managed to score not only once but twice while he was hosting through two long range strikes (the only two on target in the half) .
    In the second half I created a good lot of chances but as per usual I wasted many . However the third goal came and in a 5 minute game I was quite happy to win by that much .

Johnny assures me that his connection is usually better , and seeing as he has only one disconnect I'm sure he's telling the truth but it really was painful tonight .

Without being disrespectful to Johnny I feel he will be one of the weaker players in the tournament and that Saudi Arabia will simply be the whipping boys in their group . With Argentina he has some good players to work with and he will probably pull off a few draws and possibly upset someone .But I can't see them getting through(will finnish 5th/6th in group) .

As for myself , I feel I am better with Paraguay than South Korea and Paraguay are probably the better side . Still I don't feel with either of those teams I will be good enough to win the tournament .
    prediction:Paraguay come 3rd in group , South korea come 4th and i'm out before the quarter-finals .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hey lads, i see yes are online, want a friendly?

England(Call Me Jimmy) 2-1 Paraguay we both had 1 red arrow connections for some reason making the game a farce .

sorry i had to head out last night, i'm up for a good few games after the matches tongiht tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dont forget #pes.ie has real time people.

kdjac

I should be on shortly after the world cup games are finnished this evening , so if anyone is up for a few friendlies you know where to find me(lobby 7 as always) .

• Advertisement

I will also be on after the WC games tonite, hopefully we can get a few games in :)

in lobby 7 now ;)

Paraguay 1-1 Croatia , very even game he score from a one on one and me from a penalty . I usually have an excuse and this time is no different :D , I had that gob****e brother of mine(Tuxy) saying things like 'oh so close' after I hit a free-kick 8/9 yards wide .

South Korea 0-0 Holland , heggie played way below himself and I was my typical self as South Korea loads of chances no goals . Had a penatly rattle off the bar aswell as 19 other chances squandered , heggie had 10 shots all off target but did have a good bit of possession around my box and other times might have done better .

England 1 - 0 Brazil (joe316) good game with lots of missed chances on both side, some shots hitting the crossbar.

England 1 - 1 Brazil (Brazil wins on penalties) joe had my number when it came down to penalties (although my on the last one i was pressing sideways and it still went down the middle and he saved for the win)

GGs so far :)

good games big ears, you'll be a strong contender :)

Paraguay 2-1 Croatia
    South Korea 0-1 Holland
    South Korea 0-2 Holland
    Paraguay 2-1 Croatia
    Paraguay 0-1 Holland

Some close games some lopsided ones(his two wins over South Korea) .
    With Paraguay and South Korea I definetly feel even at my best i can't win this .
    Too much of a difference in quality .

Heggie is good enough with Holland , with a good strong defence , competitive midfield and a strike force that scores goals when they look the least threatening .

should be an interesting tourny!

that fusion lad is rubbish :p

you never know about winning, the way teh group is structured it's possible, maybe all the crap lads have good teams :)

.... I'm England...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

heggie wrote:
    should be an interesting tourny!

that fusion lad is rubbish :p

Rubbish you say? I beat you 6-1 last night Italy Vs Netherlands...I wouldn't call that rubbish at all. If you come up against me...ur a goner..simple..I will win!

I'll beat u again tonight if you want? It's not difficult...and gets my points up which is nice too :)

Fusion

Game now anyone??

I'm in LOB7

Fusion

• Advertisement

ya(what is you pro evo name ?)

Big Ears wrote:
    ya(what is you pro evo name ?)

It's Fusion251