Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Judge

Options
  • 07-06-2006 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

well after becomming one of many to be banned from a boards forum for no real reason other than the mod at the time having their knickers in a twist i want to make a suggestion...

a boards judge... someone who has the final say of whether a person should banned after being presented all the evidence of the banning including thread links and pm copies... would be handy for me as im banned permanantly from After hours for asking the mod why i was kicked for a month :rolleyes:

-Sven
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

amp is the Boards judge

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've reviewed the evidence. Your ban is upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

seamus wrote:
    I've reviewed the evidence. Your ban is upheld.
    permanent ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Slow down, my stenotype hasn't been oiled yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can someone unban me from AH?

I've pm'd WWM a few times, hes said a few times yeah I'll unban you sorry for delay etc....which is grand, but after several PMs and a few weeks I'm still banned...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dude, i did unban you.

a boards jury might also be handy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when do I get unbanned? :)

next tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

We could have a judicial review type system whereby one of the main mods reviews disputed bans in the above suggested manner.

I realise however, that this would take alot of time and many requests for such a review would be purely frivolous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Steoob wrote:
    permanent ban?

Steoob wrote:
    Giblet wrote:
    Steoob wrote:
    Giblet wrote:
    I warned you. 1 month.
    disgraceful... i was under the illusion that boards was a place to express your opinion.. it appears i was wrong

o ya and do you mind quoting this "warning". all that was said to me was "today could be your worst".. would you mind actually telling me what rules i have broken

-Sven
    sorry forgot about how the charter said that all mods were mind readers... probably coz i didn't read it .. just another crazy powertrip by a mod i guess... have fun
    Insulting another user, twice!? Maybe you should read the charter as it seems you haven't and that's yet another rule. So that's two. You knew damn well what my warning meant, don't play the whole "it was too asbtract" crap with me.

Steoob, take a break before this is your worst day ever.

PS.. how the hell is that a warning? the message is obviously light-hearted regarding the "worst day ever" due to being banned from AH comment.. maybe they should a rule in the charter about how mods should say what they ****ing mean
    ah you know you're wrong.

You said you didn't know which rule you broke. Therefore you must not have known that INSULTING ANOTHER USER was breaking the rules!

Jesus what a stretch to imagine that you didn't read the charter!

Powertripping, yeah whatever you want to think to try justify it.

I'll do you a favour, I'll go on a little powertrip now. PERMANBANNED!

Take it to feedback because I won't be replying to you, you ignorant little ****.

So sue me
    :d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Steoob wrote:
    permanent ban?
    That depends on the PM that you sent him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

seamus wrote:
    That depends on the PM that you sent him.
    lol

include the message i put before the PS part Giblet

Steoob wrote:
    Hi all,

well after becomming one of many to be banned from a boards forum for no real reason other than the mod at the time having their knickers in a twist i want to make a suggestion...

a boards judge... someone who has the final say of whether a person should banned after being presented all the evidence of the banning including thread links and pm copies... would be handy for me as im banned permanantly from After hours for asking the mod why i was kicked for a month

-Sven

Sweet, I can test out the gallows I bought.

and you also deleted a :rolleyes: from the part where i said i didn't read the charter.. jesus how corrupt are you like

EDIT: and ya you also forgot to add the part where you called me an ignorant **** for no reason which im still waiting for

Mordeth wrote:
    when do I get unbanned? :)

next tuesday?

today :)

Steoob wrote:
    and you also deleted a :rolleyes: from the part where i said i didn't read the charter.. jesus how corrupt are you like

corrupt?

howls of derisive laughter ensue

Steoob wrote:

EDIT: and ya you also forgot to add the part where you called me an ignorant **** for no reason which im still waiting for

:rolleyes: doesn't quote properly when I pasted it.

And it's there, you just didn't read it properly. CAN'T BREAK THE HABIT OF A LIFETIME THOUGH EH EH!?

Giblet wrote:
    :rolleyes: doesn't quote properly when I pasted it.
    and yet people are still getting a false version of the story

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Then why don't you paste the PM the way you think it is?

• Advertisement

:D

thanks wwman. I'll conduct myself according to the rules of the charter from here on in :)

Tough love works!

feylya wrote:
    Then why don't you paste the PM the way you think it is?
    good idea fey

this is the last message Giblet sent me which he has yet to explain
    Nah you know you're wrong.

You said you didn't know which rule you broke. Therefore you must not have known that INSULTING ANOTHER USER was breaking the rules!

Jesus what a stretch to imagine that you didn't read the charter!

Powertripping, yeah whatever you want to think to try justify it.

I'll do you a favour, I'll go on a little powertrip now. PERMANBANNED!

Take it to feedback because I won't be replying to you, you ignorant little ****.

the line that i replied to after him saying i never read the charter
    sorry forgot about how the charter said that all mods were mind readers... probably coz i didn't read it:rolleyes: .. just another crazy powertrip by a mod i guess... have fun

and only giblet has the message that i sent after he explained his "warning"

sorry forgot about how the charter said that all mods were mind readers... probably coz i didn't read it <INSERT ROLLEYES TO SHOW THAT INFACT HE DID READ IT (WHICH IS IRONIC BECAUSE IF HE DID WOULD HE HAVE BEEN BANNED? OR HAVE P'M ME ASKING WHAT RULE DID HE BREAK?)> .. just another crazy powertrip by a mod i guess... have fun

Giblet wrote:
    sorry forgot about how the charter said that all mods were mind readers... probably coz i didn't read it <INSERT ROLLEYES TO SHOW THAT INFACT HE DID READ IT (WHICH IS IRONIC BECAUSE IF HE DID WOULD HE HAVE BEEN BANNED? OR HAVE P'M ME ASKING WHAT RULE DID HE BREAK?)> .. just another crazy powertrip by a mod i guess... have fun
    you are indeed a hoot....is that ambiguous enough for you?

Steoob wrote:
    good idea fey

this is the last message Giblet sent me which he has yet to explain

MORE READING PROBLEMS!

I said I won't be replying to you by pm so how would I have explained it to you. Also, it didn't need much explaining. I doubt you read anything I've posted though.

Do you see how you are ignorant now?
    Definitions of ignorant on the Web:

* uneducated in general; lacking knowledge or sophistication; "an ignorant man"; "nescient of contemporary literature"; "an unlearned group incapable of understanding complex issues"; "exhibiting contempt for his unlettered companions"

* uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field; "she is ignorant of quantum mechanics"; "he is musically illiterate"

* unaware because of a lack of relevant information or knowledge; "he was completely ignorant of the circumstances"; "an unknowledgeable assistant"; "his rudeness was unwitting"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Out of tampons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Steoob wrote:
    you are indeed a hoot....is that ambiguous enough for you?
    :eek:

Giblet wrote:
    MORE READING PROBLEMS!

I said I won't be replying to you by pm so how would I have explained it to you. Also, it didn't need much explaining. I doubt you read anything I've posted though.

Do you see how you are ignorant now?
    im fully aware of what ignorant means.. i want to know why you called me ignorant.. you said you weren't going to reply to me straight before you said i was ignorant.. i had no chance to prove that i was "too ignorant and stupid to stop replying" before you called me ignorant

BMH wrote:
    Out of tampons?

on the subject of tampons, and seeing as this thread doesn't appear to be going anywhere special I'll just mention that since I've moved to canada I've seen an ad on tv that ends with the message

'have a happy period'.

just thought I'd share.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Mordeth wrote:
    on the subject of tampons, and seeing as this thread doesn't appear to be going anywhere special I'll just mention that since I've moved to canada I've seen an ad on tv that ends with the message

'have a happy period'.

just thought I'd share.
    Thanks, I feel enlightened.
    Is Barry Scott over there?
          \\
    =======\\======
            \\

Derailed!

Advertisement