Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Judge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK, easy way to settle this one.

Giblet, can you Forward me on the last PM you sent to Steoob, as is, quotes an' all. And Steoob, can you forward me on the last PM you received from Giblet, as is.

Thus, I should receive two identical forwards, and should be able to read them in some sort of comprehensible format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

seamus wrote:
    OK, easy way to settle this one.

Giblet, can you Forward me on the last PM you sent to Steoob, as is. And Steoob, can you forward me on the last PM you received from Giblet, as is.

Thus, I should receive two identical forwards, and should be able to read them in some sort of comprehensible format.
    Be sure to make sure there isn't a smiley missing. THAT could be fatal!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Oh come oh! Boards.ie is a little clique, and mods are a clique within a clique!

When you learn how to play the game, it's a much more rewarding experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Forwarded. As pasted here I think you'll agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Why not just unban him? It seems to be a much easier solution. Then again, I may be biased after having to write an essay on giving people second chances. Speaking of which, I need my beauty sleep for my maths in the morning.

Fun thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

a boards judge...

I am the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Giblet wrote:
    Forwarded. As pasted here I think you'll agree.
    the version you posted is incomplete... i sent you 2 messages in a row without reply so your forward to seamus has only the second reply which was the harsh one... and seamus i cant sent you the end version because giblet never quoted my messages for some of his replies

Steoob wrote:
    the version you posted is incomplete... i sent you 2 messages in a row without reply so your forward to seamus has only the second reply which was the harsh one... and seamus i cant sent you the end version because giblet never quoted my messages for some of his replies

It's cool that you know what I sent!

I sent the 4 PM's in my inbox.

I think I should point out that there is in fact a Boards Judge and a Jury and a Defence and Prosecution!

Guess which I am!

That's cool. The 4 PMs Gib forwarded onto me seem to cover the whole thing, and include everything he and you posted here. If there's anything you think I haven't read, by all means send it on.

I'm going to finish playing WoW soon, then perhaps go for a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just like to say sorry to WWM. I haven't checked AH in awhile so I'm unbanned. Thanks. Sorry.

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed
    --- "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, and rough places will be made plains, and the crooked places will be made straight,and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the south. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning "My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must come true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California.

But not only that --- let freedom ring from Stone Mountain in Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual,

Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

v3bv.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

417.gif

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Here are teh tope 20 famous Canadians as of 2006.

#1 Avril Lavigne
    #2 Pamela Anderson
    #3 Romeo Dallaire
    #4 Shania Twain
    #5 Nelly Furtado
    #6 Estella Warren
    #7 Sum41
    #8 Shannon Tweed
    #9 Barenakedladies
    #10 Keanu Reeves
    #11 Celine Dion
    #12 Alanis Morissette
    #13 Peter North
    #14 Bryan Adams
    #15 Neil Young
    #16 Jim Carrey
    #17 Natasha Henstridge
    #18 Jennifer Tilly
    #19 Sarah McLachlan
    #20 Leonard Cohen

That list is factually incorrect as it excludes the most famous living Canadian of them all, William Shatner.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

zaph wrote:
    That list is factually incorrect as it excludes the most famous living Canadian of them all, William Shatner.
    Could a Canadian site be wrong? I think not. Canadians are gods amongst us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Avril Lavigne psssh

;)

sorry i was in the shower

anyway regarding giblets mesage on how i know what he sent to seamus you clearly said that you sent him what you had previously posted here... well you didn't include that message so thats what im saying to you

and seamus thats about every message alright

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Rhyme wrote:
    Avril Lavigne psssh

;)
    >_>
    What do you know?
    <_<

Rhyme wrote:
    Avril Lavigne psssh

;)
    sacrelidge

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

HavoK wrote:
    Just like to say sorry to WWM. I haven't checked AH in awhile so I'm unbanned. Thanks. Sorry.

feicin chancer!

but np. :)

• Advertisement

Steoob wrote:
    sorry i was in the shower

anyway regarding giblets mesage on how i know what he sent to seamus you clearly said that you sent him what you had previously posted here... well you didn't include that message so thats what im saying to you

and seamus thats about every message alright

I want you to point out what I didn't include. Use big colourful fonts and large text (like me, learn from the best).

Giblet wrote:
    I want you to point out what I didn't include. Use big colourful fonts and large text (like me, learn from the best).
    im aware that you did send it after you said that you sent every message that i sent you i was pointing out that if you had sent what you had previously posted, then you would have missed that

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm in the shower posting this right now.

Who's turned on?

Steoob wrote:
    im aware that you did send it after you said that you sent every message that i sent you i was pointing out that if you had sent what you had previously posted, then you would have missed that

No, lets forget what I sent to Seamus, just point out what I didn't post on this thread. This thread only!

Giblet wrote:
    No, lets forget what I sent to Seamus, just point out what I didn't post on this thread. This thread only!
    i sent you 2 messages, the first message then a ps.. only you have the first message because you never included it in your reply

Ultimately, Giblet has the last say here. He mods the forum, and unless an admin wants to overrule him, I'm not going to.

I would like to see a compromise from Giblet. Change the ban from "permanent" to "indefinite". Given the PM conversation (which is posted fully on this thread), and your posts on this thread, you don't understand why you were banned, you don't understand the need to ban people for this offence, and you don't seem to understand the role of the moderator, especially in relation to the charter.
    Thus, given this evidence, why should Giblet unban you in a month, when you don't even understand the mistake(s) you've made, so you can just do them again? So in that capacity, I agree with his decision to remove the month limit on the ban.

The approach I've taken with others in the past is to make the ban indefinite, and simply tell the poster to "wait", and PM me at some point in the future. Often they will PM me in less than a month, but it means they've been thinking about the ban, rather than just sitting in the corner waiting for the ban time to be up. Whether it works, I dunno, but no-one seems to repeat their offence. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah I'm with Seamus on this one, I'd like to see the ban be indefinite but not permanent. You waded into a lighthearted thread and went postal on the OP for no clear reason. Imagine if everone acted like you? Would that produce a workable situation? Why should you be treated differently.

Just call me.... Judge DeVore. :)

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

DeVore wrote:
    Just call me.... Judge DeVore. :)

How dreddful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

/me wait for the photoshop pic of Judge Devore resplendant in the 2000AD judges helmet

Advertisement