Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terratec - Noxon 2...amazing!

Options
  • 07-06-2006 9:42pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Just got one of these and have to say best gadget I've got in a long time! Basically a wireless internet radio streaming device that gives access to over 2,500 stations from around the world - you can browse the stations by genre or country, stream mp3/wma from the computer to this anywhere in the house wired or wireless. It has a headphone connection and audio out to connect to a hifi etc. Took about 5 mins to setup and was pretty straight forward. Love it :D

http://entertainen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=241

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Looks pretty cool.
    Does it come with speakers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Looks pretty cool.
    Does it come with speakers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

wtf? €200!! :mad:

i'll stick to my creative retail t7900 7.1 surround sound system with audigy 2zs soundcard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I just came across this gadget on the web and it looks amazing.

Let me get this straight - I could use it in the kitchen to play MP3s off my PC in another room, use it for web radio, and also play MP3s off an MP3 player?

I have a wireless router but also have a wired LAN and would prefer to use this - I take it that's possible?

I'm renovating and am planning on embedding speakers into the ceiling of my kitchen. Not sure if these will be active or inactive speakers yet but would I be right in thinking that if theyre inactive speakers powered by my hi-fi I just connect the noxon output to the line in of the hi-fi (what type of cable), and if they're active speakers I just connect directly to the noxon (what type of cable)?

Is smemmon missing the point of what the noxon can do or can the setup he suggests offer the same functionality?

Advertisement