Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

we are the smallest number in 20 years

Options
  • 07-06-2006 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Is it true that we are the smallest number of leaving certs in 20 years and the points for most courses are to drop in comparison to other years....

please tell me someone else heard this:D

i know it all depends on demand for courses but overall they should be a drop in most courses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

i heard something about this. i don't know if it's 20 years but apparently we were all born at the end of or after some baby boom? according to my friend who does economics. i really don't know though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Yes. I heard this true. I think it's true. There is 90 doing the leaving cert in my school this year. There are usually 120.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I don't know if its in 20years or what but there are fewer numbers this year than in recent years, so fingers crossed the points will drop but I wouldn't count on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

:rolleyes: sigh,

points won't drop because the north cost €4k up front per annum. simple as.

nobody will head up there & we'll get more northerners than usual down here so it'll even itself out and points will be the same as any other year :cool:

that's my educated prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

We are the smallest year but it is only by around 2,000 or something. But most points wont change and if they do it will only be by 5 points r so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

as much as it pains me to admit it, smemon is right.
    there will be more ppl from the north and the uk from this year onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

as much as it pains me to admit it, smemon is right.

you know, i never get tired of hearing those words. funny how they always start off with "as much as it pains me to admit it..." :D

anyway, yes, even though it actually works out cheaper to go to the north, people see the €4k and run a mile back to the cao.

you'll get all the skint northerners taking advantage of our 'free' system also.

money makes the world go round people. €4k = bad €0k = good that's the way most people look at it :) even though it's far from reality :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Second Round Offers people :p

I still have to fill out my change of mind form :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Repeats, mature students and external candidates even out the numbers too. Numbers have been declining since 1997 but any course I want the points have been on the increase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Funkstard wrote:
    but any course I want the points have been on the increase
    Yeah actually same here one of the courses I've my eye on shot from 270 to 360/380 :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement