Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats all this stressed BS

• 07-06-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Everyone is going on to be not to be stressed and everything you know the usual neither me or anyone i know is stressed out about this are just that inteligent/stupid or what is the leaving that big a thing

i mean for me i need around 250 its an engineering course and its new thats why its low i mean i could do a reasonable amount of work and get high 400's or low 500's but i mean why bother i can get 350 with doing nothing or next to nothing ill only be doing engineering why would i want to get anymore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Everyone is going on to be not to be stressed and everything you know the usual neither me or anyone i know is stressed out about this are just that inteligent/stupid or what is the leaving that big a thing

i mean for me i need around 250 its an engineering course and its new thats why its low i mean i could do a reasonable amount of work and get high 400's or low 500's but i mean why bother i can get 350 with doing nothing or next to nothing ill only be doing engineering why would i want to get anymore

in the same situation, remarkable only need 80 points :rolleyes: :D , ive already gotten that and crushed it :)

but im out for big marks, for personal satisfaction. i have my pride to play for, i want to fulfill my potential or at least most of it.

my aim is 485, over 400 than what i need. i'll do my damdest to achieve 485 and attack EVERY question on every paper with a real desire for maximum marks.

in the pre's it was damage limitation - anything over 40 was a bonus. now, it's showtime and i'm ready to rumble. nobody will take points off me without a fight, i try to make it as difficult as possible for me to lose marks.

ie if i completely guess something, i'll throw in a few other ideas - anything remotely linked with the question , chuck in a few examples or metaphors, even random phrases or words - it's got me marks in the past. that's fighting technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I agree with you. I need 250 or so for computing courses as its the only thing i want to study at third level and i have a fair idea of what to expect
    with stuff like programming, but i have been working with computers all my life,building them,working with them and even learning how to programme them.
    This sick excuse for a "Education" system in nothing more than a points race for prestigious courses that i am sure plenty of parents are forcing their kids to do.
    (Lioke timathy ONLY obtained 590 points)
    I have learned far more about computers by actually using them as opposed to the crap they teach in schoo(English for instance).
    Too much of a focus is on rote learning.
    "You could study constantly but two and a half hours isnt much time you have to prove you are better than the guy sitting next to you" -Smemon

"You could study constantly but two and a half hours isnt much time you have to prove you are better than the guy sitting next to you" -Smemon

god, that man is a genius :D

Lol:d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Naikon wrote:

quoting smemon...what is the word coming to!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

for me.. i need 2 honours... 4 passes.. yeah i know.. ha

But that doens't mean thats what I'm aiming for..

quoting smemon...what is the word coming to!! :p

abercrombie, your babies will be studying me in school, just like you study bishop or hardy :D

then you can claim to know me and tell them im great and to study me above everyone else :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Thoughts on metaphysical poetry...

Written by men for whom the light of day is the shadow of God..

Whopper ain't it, examiner better like it..

He makes a good point though.
    Also i will gain self satisfaction from getting a good degree.
    I simply see the leaving as a barrier to success and self achivement which must be overcome to progress;)
    Good luck to everyone in the leaving by the way (once again i have said it:p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

smemon wrote:
    abercrombie, your babies will be studying me in school, just like you study bishop or hardy :D

then you can claim to know me and tell them im great and to study me above everyone else :D:p
    i can see it now...

"abercrombie jr, i knew this guy smemon and i know for a fact that he's defo coming up on your paper!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I need anything between 350 and 450

Need to pass German, Irish and English and get 2 HL C3s in Biology and one other subject.

If I get that I'll be so happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Smemon is an absolute Legend. He speaks his mind. Yeah he's a bit extreme but at least he is cool and not stressing like the rest of you. I need 440 points. Will get it no problem. Was like 70 over it in the pre and I ****ed up english physics and accounting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

see thats where my problem lies-the only thing i want to do is over 500 points! and the leaving cert for me is just a means to get to college. i seriously doubt ill get it but im trying my best anyway.
    Still, no point stressing and i havent so far. ish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Naikon wrote:
    I agree with you. I need 250 or so for computing courses as its the only thing i want to study at third level and i have a fair idea of what to expect
    with stuff like programming, but i have been working with computers all my life,building them,working with them and even learning how to programme them.
    This sick excuse for a "Education" system in nothing more than a points race for prestigious courses that i am sure plenty of parents are forcing their kids to do.
    (Lioke timathy ONLY obtained 590 points)
    I have learned far more about computers by actually using them as opposed to the crap they teach in schoo(English for instance).
    Too much of a focus is on rote learning.

Strange you say that, Im actually going for computer science, and dont give a s**t about getting high marks, just need 250 to get into college lol, i even dropped french and got 7 computer classes a week in place of it ;), even stranger, i also have the sames views on the english course lol.

I know what you mean;) Anything from 260 onwards would be fine but i know i am capable of obtaining higher but my laziness and lack of interest for most subjects prevails:p

thats the spirit!. The only reason im doing the lc is because it lets me into college to do computer science without having to pay lol, What college ya wana go to? My first is ITB, because its up the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Idgeitman wrote:
    thats the spirit!. The only reason im doing the lc is because it lets me into college to do computer science without having to pay lol, What college ya wana go to? My first is ITB, because its up the road.
    I agree. There is no need to be stressed. After all, all you can do is your best and the course you end up with could land you in any field. Your course will not define what you eventually do in life tbh.

yeah thats exactly it. Im applying for computer science, and have always loved it. Yet ive got a strong fallback on journalism.

weird mix lol but who knows where i'll end up!

I intend on going to either DIT or Blanch. I know people who went to blanch and it is a very good modern place from what i have been told.
    Plus the course you do wont tie you down as YeAh! has said.

Advertisement