Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two more names sign on for ECW.

• 07-06-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Got the following from Rajah.com:
    WWE has agreed to terms with Dave Heath (a/k/a Gangrel) and it is expected that he will be part of the rebirth of Extreme Championship Wrestling. Heath last met with WWE officials at the SmackDown! tapings in Bakersfield, CA a few weeks ago.

After being released from the MTV Wrestling Society X project, WWE has picked up Justin Credible for the ECW rebirth. Mike Johnson reports that he could debut as soon as tonight on the WWE vs. ECW special on the USA Network.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jetfire

Anybody going to see smackdown in november?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Justin Credible can wrestle, it'll be nice to see him back in ECW. Gangrel I'm not so sure about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Yeah i like Justin and its kinda right that he should be involved. Gangrel could be good although i doubt it. I did enjoy his group thing back in the day, im just not sure of his in ring abilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jetfire

Wonder if he still has those fangs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Loved that whole Gangrel gimmick! would be nice to see him be given a chance, didnt look too bad last year (or was it this year?) when they took him back in for that one match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

was gangrel in ECW? can't remember... He was in the brood alright, their theme tune was quality!

Hope mike Awesome get's resigned. He was so over in ECW and so under used in WWe. Like to see a 300 pound man do cruiserweight moves? Awesome is your man... Dammit though once he doesnt look like he did before he left WWe he should be good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

^^^ Even more impressive was Amish Roadkill. A pure heavyweight but that man could fly! I'll never forget when i saw him do a springboard clothesline.

Mike Awesome retired earlier this year, he said he was too injured to keep on I think. Obviously, just like very other wrestler ever, he'll come back for a few matches. Think he might have already.. But I don't see him signing with the new ECW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Skud wrote:
    was gangrel in ECW? can't remember... He was in the brood alright, their theme tune was quality!

Hope mike Awesome get's resigned. He was so over in ECW and so under used in WWe.

And so 70's in WCW!
    Zang!!

Even more impressive was Amish Roadkill. A pure heavyweight but that man could fly! I'll never forget when i saw him do a springboard clothesline.

Roadkill should be part of ECW eventually, hes currently on the OVW roster

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Awesomes match with Tanaka at ONS last year was unreal! Think he redeemed himself there after his much publicised leaving the first time,also Gangrels entrance was class,along with that "red liquid" (not blood,mind) ;)

• Advertisement

Reports are saying him and Doring are working down in OVW so hopefully to return as a team. What belts do you think will be in ECW? Heavyweight,tag titles and hardcore?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Really no need for a hardcore title on ECW since well isnt just about every match have no rules? So it would be no different to fighting for another title.

The titles I hope to see
    ECW Heavyweight title
    TV Title
    Tag team titles

And maybe one more title if it was needed.

castagnoli wrote:
    And so 70's in WCW!
    Zang!!

I knew he was in WCW but that's a black period for me as I didnt see much WCW stuff, from what I hear not missing much.
    Awesomes match with Tanaka at ONS last year was unreal! Think he redeemed himself there after his much publicised leaving the first time,also Gangrels entrance was class,along with that "red liquid" (not blood,mind)
    The match at ONS last year was insane. He always performed well under Heyman, just like credible and some other WRESTLERS.
    castagnoli wrote:
    Yea he wasnt quite as well rounded as Awesome but that takes away nothing from how impressive he was.

Wonder will Shane Douglas end back in ECW, whatever about Raven. I know WWe will be out to pinch TNA's roster always but will he leave, for a more wrestling hands-on role? He ended up like Tazz did in WWe.
    I suppose Tazz is going to commentate with Styles in ECW. This means that Cole's days are numbered, unless they go back to a 3 man announce team...

Shane Douglas will never work for Vince ever again. I think that's one of the few sure things in wrestling

I don't see why Cole's days would be numbered? SD is going to be continued, so Cole's still going to be the number 1 guy on that show. There's been talk of Simon Dean replacing Tazz

Really no need for a hardcore title on ECW since well isnt just about every match have no rules? So it would be no different to fighting for another title.

Only reason i said the hardcore title is cause it's on the line at ONS and it looks like Funk/Dreamer will get the win. I dont think they'll just scrap the title after that so either it'll be part of the promotion or it'll be renamed.

usually though when they break up an announce team like that then the partnership suffers. They try desperately to form a duo as good as the previous and seriously fail. If Dean gets the job .... That's disgraceful, he is as good if not better than most on the roster. Unless you've seen him fight in ECW then you havent seen what a quality talent he is and how badly he's being ass raped by WWe and the Simon Dean character.

Advertisement