Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sounding supercharged?

Options
  • 07-06-2006 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭

I know its a bit silly, but as anyone with a supercharger knows, the sound is addictive. Unfortunatley, due to work reasons, I no longer have a supercharged. Just wondering if anyone knows of any products that can give the sound of a supercharger?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

This looks mad :

http://www.vroombox.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

antodeco wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any products that can give the sound of a supercharger?

The only thing I can think of (aside from the rubbish in the link) that sounds like a supercharger is the whine from an original Mini's gearbox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The only thing I can think of (aside from the rubbish in the link) that sounds like a supercharger is the whine from an original Mini's gearbox :D

Correct! I was in one last week, and the little whine out of the Gearbox reminded me of the Supercharger Cooper S, great fun to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

ned78 wrote:
    This looks mad :

http://www.vroombox.com/

Kinda of like sticking a GTI badge on a 1.4l Golf...

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

antodeco wrote:
    I know its a bit silly, but as anyone with a supercharger knows, the sound is addictive. Unfortunatley, due to work reasons, I no longer have a supercharged. Just wondering if anyone knows of any products that can give the sound of a supercharger?

Thanks

dude, spend money on better tyres instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

antodeco wrote:
    I know its a bit silly, but as anyone with a supercharger knows, the sound is addictive....

...er, my car has a supercharger and I can't hear it.........where does that leave me??

I'd prefer to have one and no noise, than noise and no supercharger....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

antodeco wrote:

Thanks

your right on
    supercharger noise is so addictive, it sounds amazing, the only problem is the mpg!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Get a recording and play it out the window on your CD player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Lets face it. the country is flooded with boy racers driving clapped out fiestas and micra's with fake dumpvalves that just sound pure and utter crap.... I can imagine that a fake superchrger device would also be just as bad!! I know that the dumpvalves are not at all convincing and anyone I know who has one fitted gets laughed at any time it goes off...

My advice is get a supercharged car. you can surely pick one up fairly cheaply.

Advertisement