Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY BBQ advice

Options
  • 07-06-2006 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm really hopeless at DIY but I saw this brilliant BBQ on the tv many years ago. It was basically a bear keg that had been saw'd in half and put on a stand and I thought it was a really cool looking thing altogether.

How difficult would that be to make and what type of tools would I need?
    Are those kegs pressurised? What's the best way to saw them in half? What about hinges etc?

Any leaving cert metal work students want some pocket money after your exams? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

shakenbake,

Here is a link to a homebrew site where they cut the top off a keg. I'm guessing you could do something similair to cut one in half. Once you have a keg that's rightfully yours, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

By rightfully mine, you mean in the boot of my car right? :)

Thanks for the link. I don't have a dremel ... looks like I'll have to use something similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭fdisk

One thing you might want to consider is that the beer keg is aluminium and prone to melting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

fdisk wrote:
    One thing you might want to consider is that the beer keg is aluminium and prone to melting.....
    eh wrong! kegs are stainless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

hehe yeah it works, dont know how to go about doing it tho, my uncle did it a good time back, still uses it, 1 a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

:) Forget about all this hard work to make a BBQ, just visit your local supermarket and collect one, its even got a top shelf for keeping the food hot.:)

Advertisement