Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Supercharger

Options
  • 07-06-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows how to make a car sound supercharged, without having a supercharger!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're better off asking that question here where people are more knowledgeable about these things

I think Halfords do go-faster stripes as well, but they are pricey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The bigger question is why would you want to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

egh, whip the air filter out. Yea...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

antodeco wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to make a car sound supercharged, without having a supercharger!

If it is just for yourself (and possibly those passengers in your car) then get a yourself a straw and continuously suck on it. That should give you about the right sound for the supercharger.

If you want to add more effects, you could get a mate to lightly whistle (a single high pitched note) rising and falling with the engine revvs.

If you want to show off to the other cars beside you stuck in traffic, record yourself on a tape recorder and play it really loud through your car stereo.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

You need one of these!

http://www.mjs-services.com/saberwebsite/saber.wmv

http://www.saber-edv.com/

The famous dumop valve simulator!Be warned taht other road users will most definitly and rightly point and laugh at you with one of these on the car,there considered more tackyer than viper stripes and window washer neons and there low!

Anyone even half in the know will give you a terrible slagging for a fake dump valve noise.

And rightly so!

You can have more fun making the noise your self on each lift off!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

http://www.vroombox.com

It allows you to simulate the sound of any engine, v8, v12, inline 4, even a motorbike if you want. It links to the rev counter or coils, to match the sound to your engine revs, and then outputs the sound via amps and speakers under your car. Saw one in a car in the UK, a little MINI Cooper, making the same sound as a Hemi V8, savage :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Which reminds me ....

When we were little kids we used to fix beermats to the mudguard struts on our bikes with clothes pegs so that the carboard beer mat would make that AAAAAWESOME rattling sound as it was being hit by the spokes of the turning wheel ....:D :D:D

Maybe fix some beermats to your alloys ???:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

peasant wrote:
    Which reminds me ....

When we were little kids we used to fix beermats to the mudguard struts on our bikes with clothes pegs so that the carboard beer mat would make that AAAAAWESOME rattling sound as it was being hit by the spokes of the turning wheel ....:D :D:D

Maybe fix some beermats to your alloys ???:p

Just going to say a similar thing, when I was young I put a flattened plastic milk bottle in the rear of my BMX, between the rear brakes and tyre. It rubbed against the tyre and made a sound like a Honda 50! Sad now but at the time it was cool.

Maybe something like wrapping tissue paper around a hair comb and blowing through it will give the impression that it sounds like a supercharger. :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement